Need MORE help with vectors by tomorrow.

• Thread starter Bensky
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vectors
In summary, the student is seeking help with vectors and the picture attached shows that vector C can be moved and rotated while A and B can only be moved horizontally and vertically. The student attempted to use the tail to tip method but did not get the desired result. They are trying to find the components of vector C and the problem is to correctly position A, B, and C to show the vector sum. The correct method for this is to use the tail to tip method, where the tip of A is at the tail of B and the tail of C starts at the tail of A and goes to the tip of B.
Bensky
Need MORE help with vectors by tomorrow. :(

Homework Statement

Attached in the picture. C can be moved around in all different directions and can rotate since it is supposed to be R, the other two can only be moved horizontally and vertically.
http://xs120.xs.to/xs120/07436/vectorhelp.PNG

Homework Equations

C = A + B

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried a number of different ways using the tail to tip method. It didn't show me my previous responses like the other problems, so unfortunately I can't show which ones I tried. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What are you trying to find? The components of C? What is the problem ?

qspeechc said:
What are you trying to find? The components of C? What is the problem ?

I'm trying to put A, B, and C in the correct positions to show a vector sum. C = Resultant.

Ah! Ok, A + B = C So, use the tail-to-tip method, that is, the tip of A must be at the tail of B, then the tail of C starts at the tail of A and goes to the tip of B. Can you see why this must be so?

1. How can I quickly improve my understanding of vectors?

One way to quickly improve your understanding of vectors is to practice solving a variety of problems and exercises. This will help you familiarize yourself with the different properties and operations of vectors.

2. What are some common mistakes to avoid when working with vectors?

Some common mistakes to avoid when working with vectors include mixing up the order of vector components, forgetting to account for direction in addition and subtraction, and using the incorrect formula for vector multiplication.

3. Can you provide some tips for visualizing vectors?

One helpful tip for visualizing vectors is to draw them on a coordinate plane with arrows to represent their magnitude and direction. You can also use physical objects or diagrams to represent vectors in real-world scenarios.

4. How can I apply vector concepts to other areas of science?

Vectors are used in many different fields of science, such as physics, engineering, and computer graphics. Understanding vectors can help you solve problems and make predictions in various scientific disciplines.

5. What resources can I use to continue learning about vectors?

There are many online resources available for learning more about vectors, such as tutorials, practice problems, and interactive simulations. Additionally, books and textbooks on mathematics and physics often have sections dedicated to vectors and their applications.