Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need PHP coding help

1. Sep 3, 2007 #1
    I am just starting out with this and am having trouble getting the code to translate to a webpage. It is not really clear as to how this is to be done. I have created a basic program in notepad, saved it as .php and have attempted to open in IE but get a message that says something about not having the proper devices to run it.

Also I have attempted to run it through XAMPP, but have received errors about SQL syntax or something along those lines. I would appreciate any input on this matter.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2007 #2
    Do you have a web server running PHP?

4. Sep 3, 2007 #3
    I installed apache on my computer though I am still seeing these problems. Should I be able to run the program through IE with Apache?

5. Sep 4, 2007 #4

-Job-

Science Advisor

You should drop the php file in your Apache site root and access it via IE as http://localhost/myphpfile.php

If the PHP file uses SQL you also need to have MySQL installed and configured.

6. Sep 21, 2007 #5
    Apache also needs to have PHP installed and you may have to add some stuff to the Apache config file so it knows to use PHP to interpret .php files.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?