Solve Physics Problems: Draw Picture of Building & Runner

• Thread starter civil_dude
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about solving a problem involving a building and a runner. The recommended steps include identifying the question, knowns, unknowns, and method to be used, as well as manipulating equations and checking the solution. It is also suggested to make a visual representation of the problem. The participants agree on the steps, except for one of them who suggests to verify the equation and check graphically.
civil_dude
Draw a picture with the building and the runner.

Physics news on Phys.org
An elevation view

Here is what I recomend:

A. Write down what the question is asking

B. Write down what are the knowns

C. Write down what are the unknowns

D. Write down which method you will try to use to solve this (Energy, kinematic?, and why)

E. Write down the equations you have based on the method chosen from part D.

F. Try to manipulate the equations to get a solution

G. Check your solution to see if it seems too big or small to be reasonable

(Do make a picture too)

Agreed except for F.

Determine the correct equation, manipulate units to verify. Make sure it works graphically, the picture.

That sounds like a good idea.

Thankyou , yea i drew the pictures i got the answer for the speed of the ball , now i have to plug it into an equation to find the time and speed of the person

1. How do I draw a picture of a building and a runner to solve a physics problem?

In order to draw a picture of a building and a runner for a physics problem, you will need to first identify the key elements involved. This may include the height of the building, the distance between the building and the runner, and any other relevant measurements. Then, you can use a ruler and a pencil to accurately draw the building and runner to scale. Make sure to label all the components and indicate any forces or velocities involved.

2. What information is needed to solve a physics problem involving a building and a runner?

In order to solve a physics problem involving a building and a runner, you will need to know the initial and final positions of the runner, the height and dimensions of the building, the runner's velocity, and any other relevant measurements such as gravitational acceleration. Additionally, you may also need to know the angle at which the runner approaches the building and any other forces acting on the system.

3. How can drawing a picture help me solve a physics problem?

Drawing a picture can help you visualize the problem and identify the key components involved. It can also help you accurately represent the problem in a mathematical form, making it easier to solve. Furthermore, drawing a picture can help you understand the relationships between different variables and how they affect the overall outcome of the problem.

4. When should I use a building and runner scenario to solve a physics problem?

A building and runner scenario is typically used to solve physics problems involving motion and forces. This scenario can be particularly useful when dealing with problems related to gravity, projectile motion, or collisions. It can also be used to analyze the relationship between velocity, time, and distance in a real-life setting.

5. Are there any important tips to keep in mind when drawing a picture for a building and runner physics problem?

When drawing a picture for a building and runner physics problem, it is important to accurately represent the scale and proportions of the objects involved. This will ensure that your calculations are as precise as possible. Additionally, make sure to clearly label all the components and indicate the direction and magnitude of any forces involved. Lastly, double-check your drawing to make sure all the necessary information is included before proceeding to solve the problem.