Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need reference data on a POD

1. Jan 17, 2008 #1
    Dear all,

I am working on a thesis right now and looking for the reference data regarding to the pressure distribution on this kind of pod (or similar structure) under the fuselage.
    Is there any people can give me some hints to find those data? Thanks a lot~

http://www.conaircharter.com/images/j31propnight.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2008 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

You're going to have to talk to an airframer for that. I can't imagine something like that is going to be readily available. The design of features like that has such an impact on fuel economy that it may be like pulling teeth. I would recommend contacting someone with Cessna. I know their Citation X has the same feature under its fuselage.

I wonder if you might be better off just trying to do some of your own CFD. It would probably be quicker. Good luck.

4. Jan 18, 2008 #3
    CFD is what I am going to do, this is the reason I need some reference data to support my result. Thanks~

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?