Generators and Electric Supply in Indonesia: Finding Resources

In summary, Fandi from Indonesia is having trouble finding good reference materials due to the lack of books and the economy crisis. They ask for information about how generators supply electricity to houses, and receive a recommendation to check out HowStuffWorks.com for free, helpful resources. Fandi expresses their gratitude and shares a reminder about the importance of understanding low tech in order to master high tech.
beluluk
hello... I'am Fandi from Indonesia.
Because the lack of books and the economy crisis present in Indonesia, I encountered problem in finding good reference.
can anybody tell me how generators supply electricity to houses? is there any online references?
Thanks before. :smile:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Here's a pointer to electric power generatation and distribution info at HowStuffWorks.com:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/power.htm

The whole HowStuffWorks.com website is a great source of information, and it's free (well, except for having to put up with all the advertisements!)

Thanks for the information...
i've checked the site... i really don't mind the adds.. the contents there are very helpful. and it looks like i can find almost everything here.

thanks again.

today's reminder :
Never forget that every high tech is a accumulation of the lowtech.
to master a high tech is to master many lowtechs.

1. What are the main sources of electricity in Indonesia?

The main sources of electricity in Indonesia are coal, natural gas, and renewable energy sources such as hydropower, geothermal, and solar. Coal is currently the largest source, accounting for around 58% of the country's electricity generation.

2. How reliable is the electricity supply in Indonesia?

The reliability of electricity supply in Indonesia varies depending on the region. In urban areas, the supply is generally reliable, but in rural areas, it may be less consistent. The national electrification rate is around 95%, but some remote areas still have limited access to electricity. However, the government is continuously working to improve the reliability and availability of electricity in all regions of Indonesia.

3. Are there any challenges in obtaining electricity resources in Indonesia?

One of the main challenges in obtaining electricity resources in Indonesia is the country's reliance on coal, which can be a controversial and environmentally damaging source of energy. Additionally, the country's geography, with its many islands, can make it difficult and costly to distribute electricity to some regions.

4. How is the Indonesian government promoting the use of renewable energy?

The Indonesian government has set a target to increase the use of renewable energy to 23% by 2025. To achieve this, they have implemented various initiatives such as feed-in tariffs, tax incentives, and subsidies for renewable energy projects. The government is also investing in research and development to improve the efficiency and affordability of renewable energy technologies.

5. Can individuals or businesses generate their own electricity in Indonesia?

Yes, individuals and businesses in Indonesia can generate their own electricity through renewable energy sources such as solar panels. The government has also implemented a net-metering system, allowing individuals and businesses to sell excess electricity back to the grid. However, there are regulations and permits required for setting up and connecting to the electricity grid, so it is essential to consult with the local authorities before installing any renewable energy systems.