Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Science Fair Ideas

1. Sep 28, 2009 #1
    I need science fair ideas... and quick! I love math and the universe so this was the first place I came looking for ideas, but my mind is blank. So I eventually came back... and I still need ideas! I must have at least three to present tomorrow. We only had the weekend, so don't blame me!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2009 #2

DavidSnider

Gold Member

You were given only the weekend to come up with 3 science fair presentations? Or just 3 ideas for a presentation?

4. Sep 28, 2009 #3
    Just three ideas, although it seem much longer than a weekend to come up with a question that would be presentable to an honors class.

5. Sep 28, 2009 #4

DavidSnider

Gold Member

What grade are you in?

6. Sep 28, 2009 #5
    9th grade... and not very good at science fair... at all... But I want to be, because I love all kinds of science.

7. Sep 28, 2009 #6

DavidSnider

Gold Member

A fun one I think would be analyzing the effects of card counting in blackjack.

8. Sep 28, 2009 #7
    ok, sorry but no help... I don't know how to play blackjack...

9. Sep 28, 2009 #8

DavidSnider

Gold Member

Well, do you even have a general topic in mind?

10. Sep 28, 2009 #9

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If your mind is entirely blank, it indicates that you haven't yet done anything at all to help yourself. According to the PF guidelines you agreed to when you signed up, we cannot do your homework for you.

Why don't you begin by reading some wikipedia pages? Since you're interested in the universe, start with topics such as "astronomy," "star" or "spectroscope." Click on whatever links interest you, and start building a list of possible topics. Once you've narrowed down your focus, we might be able to help you with the design of a suitable experiment.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook