1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need some guidance

1. Sep 10, 2004 #1
    can someone at least show me how to begin this problem...I really need the assistance!!! Thanks!!!

During June, Collen's Motors sold 75 cars with air conditioning, 95 with power steering, and 100 with automatic transmissions. Twenty cars had all three options, 10 cars had none of these options, and 10 cars were sold that had only air conditioning. In addition, 50 cars had both automatic transmissions and power steering, and 60 cars had both automatic transmissiosn and air conditioning.

a) how many cars were sold in June?
    b) how many cars only had power sterring?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2004 #2
    You can use that chart thing with the overlapping circles...
  4. Sep 10, 2004 #3
    I have no clue what your talking about!
  5. Sep 10, 2004 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He's suggesting a Venn diagram.
  6. Sep 10, 2004 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

He means a venn-diagram. You'll have 3 circles, one for the cars with AC, one for the cars with power steering, and one for the automatics. The overlaps represent the cars that share 2 of the properties (or all 3). Are you familiar with venn diagrams?
  7. Sep 13, 2004 #6
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?