Need some help, 2nd Year project - nuclear power

1. Hi

Does anyone know where I can get some in depth info on the various forms of nuclear waste i.e the actual elements/isotopes, how they decay and their half lives etc.

I'm in the process of writing my part of a group project (lucky me I got the nuclear waste bit !:cry: ) and although I can find info on the types of waste i.e high/low level etc, I'm having trouble locating any detailed info.

Since this is a physics project I need to get as much physics into it as possible, not just high level explanations. So if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful.

2. jcsd
  3. Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

This should get one started.

from - overview - some information out of date - but generally accurate - graph of HLW - Chart of Nuclides
  4. That's great !!

Thank you
  5. taylaron

taylaron 388
    Gold Member

you can also look into the hanford site which deals with radioactive waist, contamination and such. viper, and other programs. something like RAID responce team.
    sorry i dont have any references

lol, i live by the hanford site.......
    its very conforting to know we have the most high-level radioactive waist within 50 miles of my home.............. great...........
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?