Need some help with a synchronous circuit

In summary, the conversation is about trying to analyze a basic circuit and finding a mistake in the diagram. The circuit includes T1=Co=A*B +A*Cin +B*Cin=Q1*Q1 +Q1*X +Q2*X and T2=S=A XOR B XOR Cin = Q1 XOR Q2 XOR X. After organizing the information in a table, the diagram appears to be different from the expected one. The person asks for help in identifying where the mistake was made.
gipc
I'm trying to analyze the following circuit which is pretty basic.
There is the circuit and it's diagram which is the solution:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7291/circuiti.jpg

Please help me find the mistake, because my diagram becomes different from the one in the picture.

Looking at the circuit, I see that:
T1=Co=A*B +A*Cin +B*Cin=Q1*Q1 +Q1*X +Q2*X
T2=S=A XOR B XOR Cin = Q1 XOR Q2 XOR X

and then i get a small table to organize everything:

Code:
present   next 
state      state
            x=0         x=1
Q0 Q1   T1 T2 Z    | T1 T2 Z
0 0     0  0   0    0   1  0
0 1     0  1   0    1   0  0
1 0     0  1   0    1   0  0
1 1     1  0   0    1   1  1

and obviously if i draw the diagram it looks much different from the one I'm supposed to get.

Can anyone tell me where did I go wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I agree with you. I think the diagram is wrong.

1. What is a synchronous circuit?

A synchronous circuit is an electronic circuit in which the operations or changes in state occur at specific, regular intervals of time, known as clock cycles. The clock signal is used to coordinate the timing of different components within the circuit.

2. How does a synchronous circuit differ from an asynchronous circuit?

A synchronous circuit operates on a clock signal, whereas an asynchronous circuit does not. This means that in a synchronous circuit, all operations occur simultaneously at specific intervals, while in an asynchronous circuit, operations occur independently as they are triggered by input signals.

3. What are the advantages of using a synchronous circuit?

Synchronous circuits offer more precise control and timing compared to asynchronous circuits. They also allow for higher clock speeds, making them more suitable for complex operations and high-speed applications. Additionally, synchronous circuits are easier to design and test due to their predictable behavior.

4. What are some real-world applications of synchronous circuits?

Synchronous circuits are commonly used in digital systems, such as computers, smartphones, and other electronic devices. They are also used in communication systems, control systems, and in industrial automation.

5. What are some common design challenges when working with synchronous circuits?

One major challenge when designing synchronous circuits is ensuring proper synchronization between different components. This requires careful consideration of clock skew, clock jitter, and other timing issues. Another challenge is managing power consumption, as synchronous circuits can consume a significant amount of power due to their continuous clock signal.