1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need some help with my future

1. Feb 9, 2005 #1
    can any body give me an idea on what i should do since i want to become a pilot for the aorforce and a theoretical physicist?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2005 #2
    Wait, you mean both, or either or?

I would advise the Air Force Academy if you mean both.

4. Feb 9, 2005 #3

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

If you love both, I would certainly do both.

This is completely doable.

Note: If you asked "Can I be a Theoritical Physicist, Chemist, Biologist, Mathematician, Engineer and Musician?", than no. Yes, people do ask that question.

5. Feb 9, 2005 #4
    On the first day of our freshman year engineering physics intro class, my friend Bill told the Intro class that he wanted to get a commercial pilot license while he was doing the engineering degree. Everbody laughed because they assumed the EP program was too difficult as it was....

He did, in fact, finish with a degree in aerospace engineering and his commercial multi-engine pilot license.

6. Feb 9, 2005 #5
    ok what college would yall suggest since im only a freshman in highschool i figure why not try to set my self up to look good when i apply that's why im asking now

7. Feb 9, 2005 #6

Since you didn't read it and asked again.

8. Feb 10, 2005 #7
    I would suggest Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, FL...they have one of the most respected flight programs in the country, and the engineering physics and space physics programs are very good, as well.

On a side note, their aerospace engineering program has been around number 1 in the country for the past several years among universities that don't offer PhD's.

www.erau.edu

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?