Calculating Car Acceleration on a 1.2 Meter Hill in 2 Seconds

• Thread starter steve986
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, To calculate the acceleration of a car traveling down a 1.2 meter hill in 2 seconds, you can use the constant acceleration motion equations. If you are not familiar with these equations, you can search for them online. However, there is a nifty equation that can be used to calculate acceleration with the final velocity, which is d=(1/2)(a)(t)^2. By plugging in the known values, you can solve for the acceleration.
steve986
calculate the acceleration of a car that travels down a hillthat is 1.2 meters long in 2 seconds

a=f/m

all that i have down is the forula but there is no other variables.
--im stumped

Physics news on Phys.org
Use the constant acceleration motion equations. If you don't know them google motion equations

wow they are really confusing

is there a way i can get the solution without trying to figure them out?

how can i find the force if i don't even know the acceleration?

imm really pissed at my science teacher right now

wait... i have this nifty little equation you can use to calculate the acceleration with the final velocity... d=(vi)(t)+(1/2)(a)(t)^2 vi is the initial velocity, and that equals zero, so you can cut that out and use the d=(1/2)(a)(t)^2 and work the equation to equal a... that is all i am going to give you

Last edited:

What is the purpose of homework?

The purpose of homework is to reinforce and practice concepts and skills that were taught in class. It also helps students develop time management and independent learning skills.

Why is homework important?

Homework is important because it allows students to apply what they have learned in class, develop critical thinking skills, and prepare for exams. It also helps teachers assess students' understanding and identify areas that need improvement.

What should I do if I don't understand my homework?

If you don't understand your homework, you should first try to figure it out on your own by reviewing class notes and materials. If you still need help, you can ask your teacher or a classmate for clarification. You can also seek additional help from a tutor or online resources.

How can I make homework less stressful?

To make homework less stressful, it is important to manage your time effectively and break down tasks into smaller, manageable chunks. It is also helpful to create a designated study space, eliminate distractions, and take breaks when needed.

Is it okay to ask for homework help?

Yes, it is completely okay to ask for homework help. Asking for help shows that you are proactive in your learning and want to understand the material better. It is important to ask for help when needed, rather than struggling and becoming frustrated.