1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need some ideas for a Project

1. Oct 6, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I am only allowed to use these items for my project
    opamp , zener diode , led , resistor , capacitor , p or n mosfet , NPN BJT or PNP BJT , diode , temperature sensor , LDR , speaker , trimmer , switch(normal) , pusb-button switch , infra red emitter , red detector , speaker , hall sensor , vibration sensor , trimmer , solar panel

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I have come out with 2 ideas for this project - Faster finger circuit and Smart lightning room circut but they are rejected by my lecturer. Could you guys help me brainstorm some interesting project idea that uses only the above component? I just need idea I will figure out the circuit design myself for the idea that you have come up. :smile:

still need to go through my lecturer :sorry: for approval

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What's a "faster finger circuit"?

What other ideas have you and your classmates come up with? What power supplies are you allowed to use, or does it all have to be powered by the solar panel?

I would start by thinking about the sensor end -- it looks like you have the ability to sense light, vibration, magnetic field, and pushbutton/trim-pot inputs, right? I would think something that used some of those inputs, and generated some sort of output. Maybe some sort of encoded lock mechanism or something...

4. Oct 6, 2015 #3

Dale

Staff: Mentor

What was the stated reason for rejecting them?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted