Need some proper wording for a Formal Lab

• Thread starter NoMeGusta
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lab
In summary, momentum and energy are important forces to understand in a system. This lab focused on learning how momentum and energy are conserved during a collision and the swing of a pendulum. The relationship between the two and their real-world application was also explored. Energy is not considered a force, so it could be replaced with the term "conserved quantities." Overall, the suggestion to use this term was well-received.
NoMeGusta
The sentence starts out as such:

Momentum and energy are only two of the many passive forces in the world. It is important to understand how momentum and energy function in a system to fully grasp their concepts and how the two forces affect and conserve themselves in a system. This lab was performed to learn how momentum is conserved during the collision, to understand how energy is conserved during the swing of the pendulum, and to develop the relationship between the two and their real-world application.

I know that energy is not considered a force. So..., what could I put in place of passive forces? Also, please feel free to edit any other places in the paragraph as you see fit. Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
conserved quantities?

Me likey! That is a really good suggestion!

1. What is a formal lab?

A formal lab is a type of scientific experiment or investigation that follows a specific structure and format. It typically includes a hypothesis, materials and methods, data collection and analysis, and a conclusion.

2. Why is proper wording important in a formal lab?

Proper wording is important in a formal lab because it ensures clear and accurate communication of the experiment and its results. It also helps maintain consistency and precision in scientific writing.

3. How should I structure my formal lab?

A formal lab should follow a specific structure, including an introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, and conclusion. Each section should be clearly labeled and organized in a logical flow.

4. Can I use first-person in a formal lab?

No, first-person pronouns should not be used in a formal lab. Instead, use third-person and passive voice to maintain objectivity and avoid personal bias.

5. Do I need to include citations in a formal lab?

Yes, it is important to include citations in a formal lab to give credit to previous research and support your findings. Citations should be included in the text and in a reference list at the end of the lab report.