Maths Revision for GCSE Tests | Simple Methods for Understanding Questions

• Thread starter Paul Wilson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Revision
In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking help with their maths revision for upcoming GCSE tests. They have questions they need explained in simple methods and may have more questions in the future. The first question is about finding the perimeter of a shape, and the answer is to multiply all the sides together. An example is given, and the student asks for further clarification. Another question about walking around a park in the shape of a triangle is also discussed. The student is asked to calculate the distance walked based on the given sides.
Paul Wilson
I'm doing some Maths revision for my impending GCSE tests later this year. I have a (few) question(s) that I need explained to me in very simple easy methods.

Beware - there will probably be more questions.

Thanks peeps. Here's the first question I need help with.

http://img152.echo.cx/img152/1414/sananscan0016gq.jpg

Click for question scan.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Yucky, get a new scanner.

How do you find the perimeter of a shape?

Multiply all the sides together.

example:

Side 1 * side 2 * side 3 = perimeter.

no, add the sides together, here it is 6x+8.

mathwonk said:
no, add the sides together, here it is 6x+8.
Would you mind showing me how you done that, please? :cry:

If you walk around a park in the shape of a triangle, how far doy ou walk if the sides are 20m, 30m, and 40m? You walk 20m to get from one corner to the next, then from that corner to the second corner you walk 30m, and then from the second to your starting pointyou walk 40m. The distance you walked is _____ ?

1. What is "revision" in terms of studying?

Revision refers to the process of reviewing and editing material that has been previously learned or studied. It involves refreshing one's memory and making any necessary changes or improvements to the information.

2. Why is revision important?

Revision is important because it helps to solidify and reinforce the information in one's memory. It also allows for the identification and correction of any misunderstandings or errors in the material.

3. How often should I revise?

The frequency of revision depends on the individual and the amount of material that needs to be reviewed. However, it is generally recommended to revise regularly, such as daily or weekly, to maintain a strong understanding of the material.

4. What are some effective revision techniques?

Some effective revision techniques include creating study notes or flashcards, practicing past exams or quizzes, and teaching the material to someone else. It is also helpful to break up revision sessions into smaller chunks and take breaks in between.

5. How do I know if I have revised enough?

It can be difficult to determine when one has revised enough, as it depends on the individual and the complexity of the material. However, a good indicator is when you feel confident and comfortable explaining and applying the material without consulting any notes or resources.