1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need To Example Questions Of laplace's equation in Boundary-value Problem in 3DSpace

1. Jan 7, 2007 #1
    Need To Example Questions Of "laplace's equation in Boundary-value Problem"in 3DSpace

Please Help Me : Need To Example Questions Of "laplace's equation in Boundary-value Problem"in 3D Space.

Can Anyone Give Me a File That Contains This Type Of Questions????

I Need At least 20 Examples.

Please Help.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2007 #2
    Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4. Jan 22, 2007 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF, Mehrdad. In order for us to help you, you need to show us some of your own work and understanding of the material behind the problem. What can you tell us about using Laplace's equation in boundary-value problems? When is it used, and what are you solving for?

I've used it for at least one pretty cool application, but I'm not inclined to post it unless I see some work from you. We do not just give out solutions to homework problems here on the PF.

5. Jan 23, 2007 #4
    Oh Thank God.
    I Am A ((PowerElectric Engineering)) university student In Iran and I have An Important Exam Of Electromagnetism In Few Days Later.
    I Must Practice And My Problem Is That I Have Just Three Example Of That Type Of Questions.I`m afraid And I Need This Type Of Examples To Practice much More.

Please Help Me And Give Me The Examples.

Thanks.

6. Jan 23, 2007 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Well, the problem that I had to figure out was how much a high-mu toroidal transformer concentrated external B-field lines. This was needed in order to quantify the effects of external B-field noise on the pickup voltage in the transformer.

So I don't know if it helps your practice or not, but you can calculate how much the B-field lines are concentrated by various 3-D shapes of high mu material. Start with a cube, and then change the aspect ratio of the cube into a long skinny box, or a short wide box, etc. The numbers you get are pretty interesting. I solved my 3-D toroid problem numerically on a PC, but for simpler geometries like a cylinder or box, you might be able to solve them by hand.

7. Jan 27, 2007 #6
    Thanks for guide But:
    would you help me and give me some examples , Please..........

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?