1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need to take Gen. Chem. again, advise?

1. Sep 23, 2007 #1
    I have to take a second semester General Chemistry course (qualitative analysis) in community college. I took quantitative analysis about 3 years ago, and I didn't need it for transferring to CSU Long Beach, but I've decided to go to a different school now and I need to take it after all.

My question is, what would you all recommend I do to prepare for this class again if I forgot most of everything in my 1st semester chem? I have an old chem. book I can work out of, but how heavily dependent is the second semester on the first semester?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2007 #2
    I may get some angry responses to this, but you could try picking up a review book for the AP Chem test. That type of book would provide a good review of the material though not necessarily up to all college standards.
  4. Sep 24, 2007 #3
    See if you can get a syllabus to the community colleges general chem 1 course, it should list the chapters that are usually covered.

If you already know who your professor is going to be for general chem 2, you might want to contact him/her to find out what book you will be using.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?