Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Urgent Help - Can you do my job for me please?

  1. Feb 27, 2007 #1
    I need an off the shelf DVM and Lab Power Supply that can be connected to a PC to firstly log the DVM output and secondly to Switch the PSU on and off dependent on the PSU terminal voltage/current.

    I could do an internet search, but I have to get the spec out ASAP and haven't started it yet.

    Does anybody know of/use this sort of kit, and can you point me to a Manufacturer/Supplier (Pref UK)
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2007 #2
    My first thought is "Agilent"

    They make world's highest quality test equipment, including a bench DVM and power supplies that can be programmed via PC through a connection called GBIP. Their latest models can be programmed through a network now.

    But they are very very expensive.

    But here I found an alternative PS


    and multimeter

    http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2432/.f?sc=16&category=40780 [Broken]

    hope that helps.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  4. Feb 27, 2007 #3
    Thanks, I'd decided Agilent was the most likely supplier.
    The 18A supply current means it ain't going to be cheap, but the £1200 price for the units I put together is still much cheaper then the £16k the contractor is saying it will cost. Time to put my Kicking boots on...
  5. Feb 27, 2007 #4
    The other good thing about Agilent products is that they all use GPIB connectors (which can be daisy chained) and are easily programmed with Agilent VEE.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook