Need Urgent Help:Matlab code for Transmission coefficient for a Pc

In summary: E(j)*muE should be reversed, resulting in <code>qE(j)=(sqrt(epsE(j))/sqrt(muE)*cos(teta^2/epsE(j)*muE);</code>This causes the transmission coefficient to peak near the bandgap frequency.
elham.n
Hi,
I have written MATLAB code for Transmission coeficient for a one-dimensional photonic crystal,but i have problems with it.it does not result the right answer!:confused:
could anyone help me about this?
i use Transfer matrix method:
An example:
an ENG-DPS structure:

%Transmission for a multilayer structure versus frequency(GHz)

clc; clear all; close all
c0=3*10^8;
d=0.01; %meter
dE=1.5*d;
dP=0.5*d;
N=20; %N is the number of periods.
w0=pi*c0/d;
wep=sqrt(2)*w0;
epsP=1; muP=1;
muE=1;
teta=0*pi/180;

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

for j=1:1501;
w(j)=0.5*w0+(j-1)*0.001*w0;
epsE(j)=1-(wep^2)/(w(j)^2);
qE(j)=(sqrt(epsE(j))/sqrt(muE))*sqrt(1-(sin(teta))^2/epsE(j)*muE);
qP=(sqrt(epsP))/sqrt(muP)*sqrt(1-(sin(teta))^2/epsP*muP);
kE(j)=(w(j)/c0)*sqrt(epsE(j))*sqrt(muE)*sqrt(1-(sin(teta))^2/epsE(j)*muE);
kP(j)=(w(j)/c0)*sqrt(epsP)*sqrt(muP)*sqrt(1-(sin(teta))^2/epsP*muP);
ME=[cos(kE(j)*dE) i*(1/qE(j))*sin(kE(j)*dE); i*qE(j)*sin(kE(j)*dE) cos(kE(j)*dE)];
MP=[cos(kP(j)*dP) i*(1/qP)*sin(kP(j)*dP); i*qP*sin(kP(j)*dP) cos(kP(j)*dP)];
M=(ME*MP)^N;
t(j)=2*cos(teta)/((M(2,2)*cos(teta)+M(1,1)*cos(teta))-(M(2,1)+M(1,2)*cos(teta)*cos(teta)));
T(j)=(abs(t(j)))^2;
end

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

%figure

plot(w/w0,T,'b','linewidth',1.5)
set(gca,'fontsize',15);
xlabel('\omega/\omega_0');
ylabel('Transmission');
axis([0,2,0,1.1]);
title(['ENG-Air',', N=',num2str(N),', \theta=',num2str(teta*180/pi),],'FontSize',12 );
hold on

Physics news on Phys.org
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%for j=1:1501;w(j)=0.5*w0+(j-1)*0.001*w0;epsE(j)=1-(wep^2)/(w(j)^2);qE(j)=(sqrt(epsE(j))/sqrt(muE))*sqrt(-1-(sin(teta))^2/epsE(j)*muE);kE(j)=(w(j)/c0)*sqrt(epsE(j))*sqrt(muE)*sqrt(-1-(sin(teta))^2/epsE(j)*muE);ME=[cos(kE(j)*dE) i*(1/qE(j))*sin(kE(j)*dE); i*qE(j)*sin(kE(j)*dE) cos(kE(j)*dE)];M=(ME*MP)^N;t(j)=2*cos(teta)/((M(2,2)*cos(teta)+M(1,1)*cos(teta))-(M(2,1)+M(1,2)*cos(teta)*cos(teta)));T(j)=(abs(t(j)))^2;end%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%plot(w/w0,T,'r','linewidth',1.5)hold off%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%The result is wrong. the transmission coefficient should be approximately zero at the bandgap frequencies. but in my case, the transmission coefficient has a peak near the bandgap frequency!thanks in advance. </code>A:There is a mistake in the calculation of <code>qE</code> in the second loop:<code>qE(j)=(sqrt(epsE(j))/sqrt(muE))*sqrt(-1-(sin(teta))^2/epsE(j)*muE);</code>The minus sign in front of <code>(sin(

1. What is the purpose of the Matlab code for Transmission coefficient for a Pc?

The Matlab code for Transmission coefficient for a Pc is used to calculate the transmission coefficient for a given material and geometry. This coefficient is an important parameter in understanding the behavior of electromagnetic waves in different mediums.

2. How is the transmission coefficient calculated in the Matlab code?

The transmission coefficient is calculated using the Fresnel equations, which take into account the refractive index and incident angle of the electromagnetic wave. The code also considers the polarization of the wave and any changes in material properties at the interface.

3. Can the Matlab code be used for any type of material and geometry?

Yes, the code is designed to be flexible and can be used for a wide range of materials and geometries. It allows for the input of specific material properties and geometry parameters, making it adaptable for various scenarios.

4. How accurate is the transmission coefficient calculated by the Matlab code?

The accuracy of the transmission coefficient calculation depends on the accuracy of the input parameters and the limitations of the Fresnel equations. However, with proper input and consideration for any simplifications made in the calculations, the code can provide reasonably accurate results.

5. Is there any additional information needed to use the Matlab code for Transmission coefficient for a Pc?

In addition to the material and geometry parameters, the code may require the incident wavelength or frequency of the electromagnetic wave. This information is necessary for calculating the refractive index and determining the appropriate Fresnel equations to use.