Need your opinion about colors

• Thread starter sameev29
  • Start date
In summary, this person plans to wear a white t-shirt over a brown long-sleeved t-shirt to a girl's house for a visit. They say that the white t-shirt will look okay, but that if the two shirts are sized the same or worse if the outer shirt is smaller, the undershirt will "puffy-ness" and create an "odd" look. It is advised to wear a fitted undershirt to avoid this.
sameev29
I am going meet a good friend of mine who is a girl in 2 days.I am thinking of wearing blue jeans,brown neck covering long sleeved t-shirt and above that a white t-shirt.I will wear the white t-shirt above the brown long sleeved t-shirt.The brown t-shirt is completely brown with no designs but the white t-shirt has some nice gray designs on the chest part and lite green collars.So will I look okay or there be clash of colors.

As you may not know I am physically handicapped.My left leg is lame.So suggest me if you feel anything wrong.This is not a date just I will go to her house for a visit meet her parents and talk to her for some time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your outfit sounds fine. Don't worry too much, you'll do great!

Although I wouldn't sweat it too much...I have a hard time imagining a white T-shirt over a brown long-sleeve shirt. If you go with this, take care to make sure the white shirt fits comfortably over top. If you layer two shirts that are sized the same, or worse if the outer shirt is smaller, it will look odd when the undershirt wrinkles and creates extra "puffy-ness". This is why fitted undershirts are best. So just make sure the two fabrics meet perfectly and fit right.

Take care and good luck!

sameev29, that sounds like a nice outfit. I read your other posts and see you do not have much confidence in your appearance due to being handicapped. I think dressing nicely and good conversation skills (being friendly and polite, etc. ) will help you feel more confident and better about yourself. I hope the visit goes well. Good luck!

sameev29 said:
I am going meet a good friend of mine who is a girl in 2 days.I am thinking of wearing blue jeans,brown neck covering long sleeved t-shirt and above that a white t-shirt.I will wear the white t-shirt above the brown long sleeved t-shirt.The brown t-shirt is completely brown with no designs but the white t-shirt has some nice gray designs on the chest part and lite green collars.So will I look okay or there be clash of colors.

As you may not know I am physically handicapped.My left leg is lame.So suggest me if you feel anything wrong.This is not a date just I will go to her house for a visit meet her parents and talk to her for some time.
My first boyfriend was crippled from a motorcycle accident, his legs and pelvis were crushed. I met him after he spent a year in the hospital being "rebuilt", he as able to walk with a cane, but with difficulty, he'd have to swing the left side of his body forward since his leg and hip were fused together.

He had a wonderful personality, charming, funny. I never even thought about his disability.

Your outfit sounds nice, have a great time. :smile:

Thanks every one.A funny thing happened,on that very day I prepared to go to her house and surprisingly she came to me just a few minute before I was going out.I was wearing that dress I told you all about.It was very nice and fun time.We talked for some time and had tea.

sameev29 said:
Thanks every one.A funny thing happened,on that very day I prepared to go to her house and surprisingly she came to me just a few minute before I was going out.I was wearing that dress I told you all about.It was very nice and fun time.We talked for some time and had tea.
That's wonderful sameev! Glad you had a nice time. :smile:

Evo said:
That's wonderful sameev! Glad you had a nice time. :smile:

Thanks.:smile:

Well I think you should wear a white t'shirt with a short sleeves and than put a shirt with full sleeves over it..It looks awesome..But I like your choice also,it will look nice..NO doubt white and grey is a good combination..

I think mdemonion is right

1. What is the importance of color in our daily lives?

Color plays a significant role in our daily lives as it can affect our mood, behavior, and perception. Different colors can evoke different emotions and behaviors, making them an essential aspect of our overall well-being. They can also influence our decision-making, buying habits, and even appetite.

2. Can colors have a physical impact on our bodies?

Yes, colors can have a physical impact on our bodies. Studies have shown that certain colors can affect our heart rate, blood pressure, and even body temperature. For example, blue has a calming effect and can lower blood pressure, while red can increase heart rate and appetite.

3. How do colors affect our psychology?

Colors can have a significant impact on our psychology. They can influence our emotions, thoughts, and behavior. For example, warm colors like yellow and orange can evoke feelings of happiness and energy, while cool colors like green and blue can create a sense of calm and relaxation.

4. Are there cultural differences in the interpretation of colors?

Yes, there are cultural differences in the interpretation of colors. Different cultures have different associations and meanings for colors. For example, in Western cultures, white is associated with purity and weddings, while in some Eastern cultures, it represents mourning and funerals.

5. How can we use colors to communicate and convey messages effectively?

Colors are a powerful tool for communication and can help convey messages effectively. Different colors can represent different meanings and emotions, and using them strategically can enhance the message being conveyed. For example, using warm colors like red and orange in marketing can evoke a sense of urgency, while using blue and green can convey trust and stability.