Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Needed: a Ban on Unsolicited Toe-Licking?

1. Aug 6, 2004 #1
    I think people that live in Amsterdam can sleep a little easier when they pass this law. :smile:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20040806/od_nm/odd_crime_toes_dc [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2004 #2
    No matter how that happens, it is so, so it is still so...

-Nina

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  4. Aug 6, 2004 #3
    I don't want some weirdo licking my toes without my solicitation, so this law is a step in the right direction, though given that all forms of hedonism have traditionally bee legal in amsterdam i'm urprised that sucha landmark move would pass there.

5. Aug 6, 2004 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The toe-licking thing happened in Rotterdam :bugeye: I won't be going there anytime soon.. :wink:

I used to have this village freak follow me around, continuously stepping on my heels, that wasn't fun..

6. Aug 6, 2004 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ahh...the land of tulips and toe-lips :wink:

7. Aug 6, 2004 #6
    hey why cant he be prosecuted for sexual harrasment???

8. Aug 7, 2004 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Gokul, you crack me up. :biggrin:

9. Aug 7, 2004 #8
    Monique, how can you say that? Was I really the village freak?

10. Aug 7, 2004 #9
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

11. Aug 7, 2004 #10
    You'd think, wouldn't you. It seems like it ought to be easy to find some law already on the books that would somehow cover this. Passing a law against toe licking because of one single known offender seems like a waste of energy and time. They should lump it in with something that is already illegal.

12. Aug 7, 2004 #11
    Toe-licking is a beautiful thing! You just don't understand!

13. Aug 7, 2004 #12

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hrm, maybe I should rethink my plan to fly over to Europe so I can follow Monique around and step on her heels...

14. Aug 7, 2004 #13

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

haha, the ever so considerate Hurkyl :wink:

15. Aug 7, 2004 #14
    Oh, yeah. It would be great to be lying there on the beach and be startled bolt upright by the feel of some strangers mouth on your foot.

16. Aug 7, 2004 #15

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What I can't understand is why no one ever chased the guy down and beat the living daylights out of him??
    but who knows, maybe that's the reaction he was hoping for!

17. Aug 7, 2004 #16
    Come on, you first gotta swell up and soften those footsies if you expect to have a quality licking session. I thought you women liked foreplay! :approve: :biggrin:

18. Aug 7, 2004 #17
    :rolleyes: Not when it is unsolicited...

19. Aug 7, 2004 #18
    I must have misunderstood the reasons for creating high heels. :rofl:

Just kidding folks (well, mostly). :tongue2:

20. Aug 7, 2004 #19

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If I was too lazy to dust the sand off my toes before putting on my flip-flops, and a kindly gentleman licked them clean (the toes, not the flip-flops) for me, I wouldn't go after him swinging my handbag.

Well...I don't really own a handbag.

But I ain't got no flip-flops either, so it's okay !

Come on ! This s the Netherlands; not Orange County, California.

21. Aug 7, 2004 #20

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Great point Boulder,

Lawng thyme know si...

22. Aug 7, 2004 #21

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

uhh.. :uhh: ...ok, Gokul.. er.. whatever cranks yer tractor...
    :rofl:
    Just to be safe I'll be taking a baseball bat along to the beach with me from now on.

I am not even sure which location just got insulted here!! :confused: :tongue2:

23. Aug 7, 2004 #22

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There used to be a television program (it also caught on in other countries, Dimitri: 'kassa kassa' right?), where people would have to do the most outrageous things for FL 1000 (20000 BFR?).. something like $400..

Maybe they started filming again :tongue2:

24. Aug 7, 2004 #23

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I saw this in the odd news today and was also baffled that they couldn't find some law that would already cover it. Surely some generic disorderly conduct type charge ought to apply.

What amazed me more is that he hadn't been given a good kick in the teeth or nose! Sorry, but I have ticklish feet, and if someone surprised me by licking my foot, it would be more reflexive than anything else that I'd kick him.

And then I keep wondering that in such a liberal place as the Netherlands, he couldn't find someone willing to satisfy his fetish without needing to go around beaches licking sandy, dirty feet! YUCK!

25. Aug 7, 2004 #24

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Humm...I'm a bit of a liberal, so you guess ! :wink::biggrin:

26. Aug 7, 2004 #25

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sure there's some form of that TV show in most countries. I know of similar shows in Australia and the US (besides Europe). :rolleyes:

Still, no toe-lickers over here. At least no repeat offenders that make the news.

Surely they'd have to call it quits after getting a forceful faceful of foot - what with the likes of Moonbear and MIH roaming these beaches. :devil:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook