Needed: a Ban on Unsolicited Toe-Licking?

• Thread starter Miles
  • Start date
In summary, this law will help people sleep a little better at night knowing that odd and creepy behavior like toe licking will not be tolerated in Amsterdam.
Miles
I think people that live in Amsterdam can sleep a little easier when they pass this law. :smile:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20040806/od_nm/odd_crime_toes_dc

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Miles said:
I think people that live in Amsterdam can sleep a little easier when they pass this law. :smile:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20040806/od_nm/odd_crime_toes_dc
No matter how that happens, it is so, so it is still so...

-Nina

I don't want some weirdo licking my toes without my solicitation, so this law is a step in the right direction, though given that all forms of hedonism have traditionally bee legal in amsterdam I'm urprised that sucha landmark move would pass there.

The toe-licking thing happened in Rotterdam :bugeye: I won't be going there anytime soon.. :wink:

I used to have this village freak follow me around, continuously stepping on my heels, that wasn't fun..

Ahh...the land of tulips and toe-lips :wink:

hey why can't he be prosecuted for sexual harrasment?

Gokul43201 said:
Ahh...the land of tulips and toe-lips :wink:
Gokul, you crack me up. :biggrin:

Monique, how can you say that? Was I really the village freak?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hypercase said:
hey why can't he be prosecuted for sexual harrasment?
You'd think, wouldn't you. It seems like it ought to be easy to find some law already on the books that would somehow cover this. Passing a law against toe licking because of one single known offender seems like a waste of energy and time. They should lump it in with something that is already illegal.

Toe-licking is a beautiful thing! You just don't understand!

Hrm, maybe I should rethink my plan to fly over to Europe so I can follow Monique around and step on her heels...

haha, the ever so considerate Hurkyl :wink:

Entropy said:
Toe-licking is a beautiful thing! You just don't understand!
Oh, yeah. It would be great to be lying there on the beach and be startled bolt upright by the feel of some strangers mouth on your foot.

What I can't understand is why no one ever chased the guy down and beat the living daylights out of him??
but who knows, maybe that's the reaction he was hoping for!

Monique said:
The toe-licking thing happened in Rotterdam :bugeye: I won't be going there anytime soon.. :wink:

I used to have this village freak follow me around, continuously stepping on my heels, that wasn't fun..
Come on, you first got to swell up and soften those footsies if you expect to have a quality licking session. I thought you women liked foreplay! :approve: :biggrin:

BoulderHead said:
I thought you women liked foreplay! :approve: :biggrin:

:rolleyes: Not when it is unsolicited...

Dimitri Terryn said:
:rolleyes: Not when it is unsolicited...
I must have misunderstood the reasons for creating high heels. :rofl:

Just kidding folks (well, mostly). :tongue2:

Math Is Hard said:
What I can't understand is why no one ever chased the guy down and beat the living daylights out of him??
but who knows, maybe that's the reaction he was hoping for!

If I was too lazy to dust the sand off my toes before putting on my flip-flops, and a kindly gentleman licked them clean (the toes, not the flip-flops) for me, I wouldn't go after him swinging my handbag.

Well...I don't really own a handbag.

But I ain't got no flip-flops either, so it's okay !

Come on ! This s the Netherlands; not Orange County, California.

BoulderHead said:
I must have misunderstood the reasons for creating high heels. :rofl:

Great point Boulder,

Lawng thyme know si...

Gokul43201 said:
If I was too lazy to dust the sand off my toes before putting on my flip-flops, and a kindly gentleman licked them clean (the toes, not the flip-flops) for me, I wouldn't go after him swinging my handbag.

uhh.. :uhh: ...ok, Gokul.. er.. whatever cranks yer tractor...
:rofl:
Just to be safe I'll be taking a baseball bat along to the beach with me from now on.

Come on ! This s the Netherlands; not Orange County, California.

I am not even sure which location just got insulted here! :confused: :tongue2:

There used to be a television program (it also caught on in other countries, Dimitri: 'kassa kassa' right?), where people would have to do the most outrageous things for FL 1000 (20000 BFR?).. something like $400..

Maybe they started filming again :tongue2:

I saw this in the odd news today and was also baffled that they couldn't find some law that would already cover it. Surely some generic disorderly conduct type charge ought to apply.

What amazed me more is that he hadn't been given a good kick in the teeth or nose! Sorry, but I have ticklish feet, and if someone surprised me by licking my foot, it would be more reflexive than anything else that I'd kick him.

And then I keep wondering that in such a liberal place as the Netherlands, he couldn't find someone willing to satisfy his fetish without needing to go around beaches licking sandy, dirty feet! YUCK!

Math Is Hard said:

Humm...I'm a bit of a liberal, so you guess ! :wink::biggrin:

Monique said:
There used to be a television program (it also caught on in other countries, Dimitri: 'kassa kassa' right?), where people would have to do the most outrageous things for FL 1000 (20000 BFR?).. something like $400..

I'm sure there's some form of that TV show in most countries. I know of similar shows in Australia and the US (besides Europe). :rolleyes:

Still, no toe-lickers over here. At least no repeat offenders that make the news.

Surely they'd have to call it quits after getting a forceful faceful of foot - what with the likes of Moonbear and MIH roaming these beaches. :devil:

Math Is Hard said:

Me neither...

Gokul43201 said:
Humm...I'm a bit of a liberal, so you guess !

And I'm not sure hich place is the more liberal of the two...i know which one is definitely more frigid...but not which one is more liberal...so that doesn't help.

Moonbear said:
And then I keep wondering that in such a liberal place as the Netherlands, he couldn't find someone willing to satisfy his fetish without needing to go around beaches licking sandy, dirty feet! YUCK!

I'm guessing his fetish was to go around licking sandy feet without permission.

Monique said:

Maybe they started filming again :tongue2:

Right, I remember. Always try to look for the simplest explanations though. And in this case, I think it's the simple fact that there are plenty of weirdo's out there with strange turn-ons.

I don't know where you get your US dollars Monique, but last time I checked, FL 1000 was €500, more then USD 600 :wink:

ahh well.. another hobby down the drain :tongue2: And I was just starting to get good at it :wink:

Jeez, people are crazy. I mean who would run around licking people's feet... actually this may be the wrong place to ask that :tongue2:

I'm guessing that this man does this as a sort of kinky turn-on. In which case, it should be considered a form of sexual assault. He could certainly be arrested if he came up without being asked and licked someones privates, right? :eek:

They should at least be able to prosecute him for harassment. Banning something as specific as licking toes seems stupid. What if he starts licking their heels after that?

Artman said:
I'm guessing that this man does this as a sort of kinky turn-on. In which case, it should be considered a form of sexual assault. He could certainly be arrested if he came up without being asked and licked someones privates, right? :eek:

Just because it is sexually arousing to him, doesn't mean he can be put away for sexual assault. It is the victim that must feel sexually assaulted.

So, maybe I get off on listening to heavy metal real freakin' loud. So, if I blast the windows off my house at 3 am, they neighbours won't be calling the cops with sexual assault on their minds, will they ?

loseyourname said:
They should at least be able to prosecute him for harassment. Banning something as specific as licking toes seems stupid. What if he starts licking their heels after that?
:rofl: you're probably right..

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
Just because it is sexually arousing to him, doesn't mean he can be put away for sexual assault. It is the victim that must feel sexually assaulted.

Sorry, that's not the definition of sexual assault.

Here's one from the web definitions

http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn?stage=1&word=sexual+assault

...a statutory offense that provides that it is a crime to knowingly cause another person to engage in an unwanted sexual act by force or threat...

If it is a sexual act and it is unwanted, and he is forcing it upon them, he is sexually assaulting them.