What could be the possible algorithm for generating these lines of numbers?

• Thread starter ech0
  • Start date
In summary, The speaker is new to the forum and is looking for a solution to their problem of finding an algorithm to generate two lines of numbers. They have tried using various usernames and passwords as inputs, but have not been successful. They speculate that the algorithm may use pseudorandom numbers, system time, non-deterministic measurements, or a mapping from usernames to passwords. They are asking for help in finding the algorithm and apologize if they posted in the wrong section.
ech0
First of all, i found this forum after long time spent on searching on the internet about solution of my problem, i am new here, this is my first post, and i would be more than happy if someone has in mind some solution of my problem

Let me get to the point

My brother is using an algorithm to generate 2 lines of numbers
Something like this

i will call the first line of numbers "username"
the second one "password"

here are all the "usernames" and "passwords" i have got by now

Code:
username :7654546259
password :7475354934

username :7575646000
password :9502504684

username :7592003966
password :6261731192

username :7621294731
password :1280316572

username :7627240089
password :7309367083 

username :7628953394
password :9543425250

username :7633187733
password :4678861168

username :7636741415
password :8955813129

username :7642148904
password :7642148904

username :7644462216
password :1616582084 
number   :

username :7654546259
password :7475354934

My point is to find the algorithm so i can generate the 2 lines of numbers myself

NOTICE : This numbers are not in any kind associated with some sort of sales, this is strictly for private usage

If the algorithm can be found by using these "usernames" and "passwords" , please post and let me know

Also, i apologyze if i posted this in the wrong section

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I doubt you're going to be able to reconstruct the algorithm from such a small number of outputs.

Knowing nothing else about it, if it takes no arguments as input, I'm betting that it does one of the following things to get the numbers:
(a) some variation on regular pseudorandom numbers
(b) some variation on the system time / system clock
(c) some non-deterministic measurement, like a temperature sensor
(d) using unitialized variables

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of mapping from usernames to passwords, such that the username dictates the password.

I mean, think about it. If you have 20 digits that don't seem to follow any pattern, how many different rules could be used to generate numbers? A lot.

Do you see any commonalities between various usernames or passwords?

1. How do I create an algorithm?

To create an algorithm, you first need to clearly define the problem you are trying to solve. Then, break down the problem into smaller, more manageable steps. Finally, use logical and mathematical reasoning to develop a sequence of operations to solve the problem.

2. What are the key components of an algorithm?

The key components of an algorithm include input, output, variables, conditional statements, and loops. Input refers to the data or information that is being used to solve the problem. Output is the end result or solution. Variables are used to store and manipulate data. Conditional statements allow the algorithm to make decisions based on certain criteria. Loops allow the algorithm to repeat a set of instructions multiple times.

3. How do I test and improve my algorithm?

To test your algorithm, you can use sample inputs and manually go through each step to see if the output is correct. You can also use test cases, which are sets of inputs and expected outputs, to check the accuracy of your algorithm. To improve your algorithm, you can try different approaches or optimize the steps to make it more efficient.

4. Can I use pseudocode to write an algorithm?

Yes, pseudocode is often used to write algorithms. It is a mixture of natural language and programming language that allows you to focus on the logic and structure of the algorithm without getting bogged down by syntax. However, pseudocode is not a specific programming language and cannot be executed like a regular program.

5. Are there any resources or tools I can use to help with algorithm development?

Yes, there are many resources and tools available to help with algorithm development. Online platforms such as Codeacademy and Coursera offer courses on algorithm design and analysis. You can also use tools like flowcharts, pseudocode editors, and programming languages such as Python or Java to help visualize and implement your algorithm.

Back