Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Needing algorithm programmer

1. Dec 20, 2016 #1
    First of all, I have no idea what I'm doing. I need to know how to find someone to create software that will take millions of numbers divided into 3 to 6 digit sets and manipulate the numbers in certain sets to a desired value.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

What exactly is your goal? What are you trying to do?

4. Dec 20, 2016 #3
    Someone has software that is able to do what I stated above. I need someone to create that software.

5. Dec 20, 2016 #4
    I'm not making any sense

6. Dec 20, 2016 #5

Drakkith

It would help if you could elaborate on what you're doing with these numbers other than saying that there will be some sort of calculation or manipulation. This is so broad that it is essentially impossible to help you.

7. Dec 20, 2016 #6

jedishrfu

Also please be aware that PF is not a job recruiting site.

8. Dec 20, 2016 #7
    I'm just trying to see if anyone knows if it can be done because I can't find anyone. Maybe this is better in a simple example....if you have an end result, can you go in reverse and create a program to produce it without knowing exactly how it was done? In other words, can you retrace the steps?

9. Dec 20, 2016 #8

jedishrfu

Cornell has developed an AI program that can take test data and reverse it to get an equation that generates it.

In one case, they successfully determined the equations of motion for a compound pendulum given a fair amount of recorded data on its movement.

https://www.wired.com/2009/04/newtonai/

10. Dec 20, 2016 #9
    That's what I needed. I don't even know if I can find someone because it is so complex.

11. Dec 20, 2016 #10
    Where should I look?

12. Dec 20, 2016 #11

jedishrfu

One caveat with the AI program is that once youve gotten the equations from your data for your system, if you want to publish a paper on it you'll have to explain the equations.

This happened to a biology team who couldn't make sense of their data. The program correctly determined the equations that described the biological system they were studying but they couldn't publish a paper because they couldn't explain the equation from first principles.

13. Dec 20, 2016 #12
    Well, that's going to be a problem. It was some kind of elaborate government software. You want to take that on!

14. Dec 20, 2016 #13

jedishrfu

15. Dec 20, 2016 #14
    I will try. I've tried Notre Dame, I.U. and Purdue. I don't think anyone will touch it.

16. Dec 20, 2016 #15
    I think I figured out something I wasn't supposed to.

17. Dec 20, 2016 #16

jedishrfu

Huh? You're being very cryptic here.

If this something that you'd rather not discuss or is some sort of personal theory then its best not to post any more about it. We focus on mainstream science and math and don't discuss personal theories or speculative science.

18. Dec 20, 2016 #17
    It's very difficult. Have you heard someone say "prove proof"?

19. Dec 20, 2016 #18
    I have the math.

20. Dec 20, 2016 #19
    Can you figure probability with numbers?

21. Dec 20, 2016 #20
    Can anyone tell me the mathematical odds of having a set of numbers like this:

4 same digits, 1 unique in different order.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook