Nerd lover!

• Thread starter bd7878
  • Start date
bd7878
Solve this problem: Three fishermen had caught a load of fish in a collaborative effort and decided to split it evenly. However, when the first fisherman came to collect his share, he noticed that the number of fish was not divisible by three and that he had to throw one fish to make it so. He did that and took one third of the remaining fish. The other two fishermen, not being aware of their partners' actions, noticed and did the same thing. What is the smallest number of caught fish that would make this scenario possible?
25 fish - was that a joke i didn;t get?

25 fish - was that a joke i didn;t get?
If you had been a true nerd, you would have given the answer like P.A.M. Dirac, namely -2. :wink:

bd7878
If you had been a true nerd, you would have given the answer like P.A.M. Dirac, namely -2. :wink:
i am not a nerd just a admirer:)

Nerds probably won't have the chutzpah to approach a tall blonde attractive woman. If you really want one, you'll have to do the legwork starting the interaction off, showing them that attractive women aren't scary.

bd7878
yeah sorry i never said i wasn't crazy:) i have no problem talking to guys first, but i need to broaden my social environment to include more of the type of guys i really am attracted to

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
yeah sorry i never said i wasn't crazy:) i have no problem talking to guys first, but i need to broaden my social environment to include more of the type of guys i really am attracted to
The New York Academy of Sciences often has public seminars in the evenings. You could start attending those.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The New York Academy of Sciences often has public seminars in the evenings. You could start attending those.
+1

Lots of museums offer seminars, too.

Oh and libraries too.

bd7878
cheers i will give it a try... although it will be interesting trying to get one of my friends their:)

bd7878
there even

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
cheers i will give it a try... although it will be interesting trying to get one of my friends their:)
Tell them that if you find a guy, they will stop having to listen to you complain about not finding one. :biggrin: