Calculate Net Force on Toy Car Rolling Down Incline

• Thread starter maca_404
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forces Net
In summary: There might be other forces acting on the car depending on its position on the incline, but I can't say for sure.
maca_404
A toy car of mass 50g travels down a smooth incline at 30 degrees to the horizontal. Friction can be ignored.

Also Gravity is assumed to be 10ms

Calculate the net force on the car as it rolls down the slope:

For this I use M x G sin 30

so .05 x 10 sin 30 and got .25N - Hopefully this is right

The second part of this question is - Calculate the forces of the incline on the car as it travels down the slope.

I do not really understand what is being asked here - The only thing I can think it to be is Fn which would be .5N

Any help you could give me would be great.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's indeed Fn what is asked, but Fn is not .5 N on an incline.

De force of gravity and the normal force must add to give the net force.

It asks you the forces arising on the car due to the incline my friend.

My questions to you are:

What is frictional force? Is it a property of the body?
What is your take on Normal Force? What is its origin?
Is gravity arising due to the incline?
Is there any other force acting on the incline?

Answer these questions to your knowledge and the second part becomes a piece of meat.

©ALwAyS gAmE ž
"physixguru."

maca_404 said:
A toy car of mass 50g travels down a smooth incline at 30 degrees to the horizontal. Friction can be ignored.

Also Gravity is assumed to be 10ms
You mean 10 m/s^2

Calculate the net force on the car as it rolls down the slope:

For this I use M x G sin 30

so .05 x 10 sin 30 and got .25N - Hopefully this is right
Good.

The second part of this question is - Calculate the forces of the incline on the car as it travels down the slope.

I do not really understand what is being asked here - The only thing I can think it to be is Fn which would be .5N
To find the normal force, analyze force components perpendicular to the incline. (The net force in that direction must be zero.)

1. What is net force?

Net force is the overall force acting on an object, taking into account both magnitude and direction. It is calculated by adding all the individual forces acting on an object.

2. How do you calculate net force?

To calculate the net force on an object, you must first identify all the forces acting on the object. Then, you add the individual forces together, taking into account their direction. This will give you the net force acting on the object.

3. What is the formula for calculating net force?

The formula for calculating net force is Fnet = ma, where Fnet represents the net force, m represents the mass of the object, and a represents the acceleration of the object.

4. How do you calculate net force on a toy car rolling down an incline?

To calculate the net force on a toy car rolling down an incline, you must first identify all the forces acting on the car, such as gravity and friction. Then, using the formula Fnet = ma, you can calculate the net force by multiplying the mass of the car by the acceleration due to gravity and accounting for any friction acting against the car's motion.

5. How does the net force affect the motion of a toy car rolling down an incline?

The net force on a toy car rolling down an incline will determine the acceleration of the car. If the net force is greater than zero, the car will accelerate down the incline. If the net force is equal to zero, the car will continue to move at a constant speed. If the net force is less than zero, the car will decelerate and eventually come to a stop.