Delay Network Cable Send/Receive: Help Needed

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of delaying the send and/or receive of a network cable, potentially by controlling the amount of data a device can receive or assigning bandwidth to different users. It is suggested that this can be achieved through a bandwidth monitor with a limiter. The conversation also briefly mentions controlling traffic lights with an ambulance siren, but this topic is considered off-topic and not relevant to the previous discussion.
c1truz
I was wondering if there is a schematic or if anyone knows of a way to delay the send and/or the receive of a network cable. Preferable separate circuits. For example can I control how fast people on my network receive but not control the send. May be in the wrong place but i really need help on this one. Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
That's a function of high-end routers. There probably isn't any other reasonable way to do it.

I don't understand your question completely. Network cables don't send and recieve, its just the physical medium used to transport the data. What are you trying to do, throtle the amount of data that a device is able to receive into the tcp/ip stack?

assigning bandwidth to diff. users?

Of course you can! :cool:

All you need is a bandwidth monitor with a limiter.

Do you have administration access to each computer?
or are they computers that people bring and plug in?

please if u can guide me in my project of controlling traffic lights by an ambulance siren,please do reply me

o_O

ATTIQUE UR REHMAN said:
please if u can guide me in my project of controlling traffic lights by an ambulance siren,please do reply me

:bugeye: erm.. :uhh:

First off- that question doesn't belong to this thread

Secondly- if you drive an ambulence that is equipped with a siren, you will already know how to change the lights.

Thirdly- if you don't drive an ambulence, but have attached a siren to a vehicle... um.. yeah..

1. What is a delay network cable send/receive?

A delay network cable send/receive is a type of cable that is used to transmit data between network devices with a delay. This delay can be configured to simulate real-world network conditions, such as latency or packet loss.

2. Why would I need a delay network cable send/receive?

A delay network cable send/receive is useful for testing and troubleshooting network applications and equipment. By introducing a delay, you can detect and fix potential issues that may arise in real-world scenarios.

3. How do I use a delay network cable send/receive?

To use a delay network cable send/receive, you will need to connect it between two network devices, such as a router and a computer. Then, you can configure the delay settings using software or a physical control panel.

4. Can I adjust the delay on a delay network cable send/receive?

Yes, you can adjust the delay on a delay network cable send/receive. The exact delay range will depend on the specific cable you are using, but most cables allow for delays ranging from milliseconds to seconds.

5. Are there any alternatives to using a delay network cable send/receive?

Yes, there are alternatives to using a delay network cable send/receive. Some network testing software includes built-in delay simulation features, or you can use virtual tools to simulate network delays. However, a delay network cable send/receive is a more accurate and reliable option for testing network conditions.