1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Network error

1. Apr 30, 2004 #1
    i have a dsl modem connect to pc 1 via Ethernet lan1 and pc 2 is connect to pc 1 via etherent lan2 and sharing internet. pc 1 works fine but pc 2 experienced problems like
    Messenger service auto disconnect every 50 sec . can not browser some site such as Microsoft.com any suggestion thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2004 #2
    What messenger are you using ?
    Did you change some of its options in its properties ?

Anotherpossibility is that you may not be allowed to keep using it to send messages to different people anymore... :smile:

I think messenger is actually not that necessary, if you want to search the net, just search on what you look for with search engine....

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004
  4. Apr 30, 2004 #3
    umm yeah but i cant even surf the net now, i m using pc1 surfing now. pc 2 just not response.

5. Apr 30, 2004 #4
    i mean MSN Messenger 6.1 doesnt matter wat property it just disconnect every 50 sec the only site i could go is google.com!

6. Apr 30, 2004 #5
    hey thanks vance it's fixed dont worry abt it. =D

7. Apr 30, 2004 #6
    You are welcome, Your problem is fixed ??????

Okay, I think you are also a friend of mine, what you said in many posts of mine was really nice, I like them, true ! If you have any problems, I will try my best to post anything that comes to my mind, I hope that wouldnt be any annoyance to you and what you are intending to do...Please dont worry, as promised, i wont go back home using the old way ...:)

8. Apr 30, 2004 #7
    =P wow many thanks

Great forum with great people hey I got a new friend =D

it's been fixed , my ip addresss was in conflict with a lan card. stupid me :)

9. Apr 30, 2004 #8
    .....sigh....again...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?