Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Network error

1. Apr 30, 2004 #1
    i have a dsl modem connect to pc 1 via Ethernet lan1 and pc 2 is connect to pc 1 via etherent lan2 and sharing internet. pc 1 works fine but pc 2 experienced problems like
    Messenger service auto disconnect every 50 sec . can not browser some site such as Microsoft.com any suggestion thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2004 #2
    What messenger are you using ?
    Did you change some of its options in its properties ?

Anotherpossibility is that you may not be allowed to keep using it to send messages to different people anymore... :smile:

I think messenger is actually not that necessary, if you want to search the net, just search on what you look for with search engine....

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004
  4. Apr 30, 2004 #3
    umm yeah but i cant even surf the net now, i m using pc1 surfing now. pc 2 just not response.

5. Apr 30, 2004 #4
    i mean MSN Messenger 6.1 doesnt matter wat property it just disconnect every 50 sec the only site i could go is google.com!

6. Apr 30, 2004 #5
    hey thanks vance it's fixed dont worry abt it. =D

7. Apr 30, 2004 #6
    You are welcome, Your problem is fixed ??????

Okay, I think you are also a friend of mine, what you said in many posts of mine was really nice, I like them, true ! If you have any problems, I will try my best to post anything that comes to my mind, I hope that wouldnt be any annoyance to you and what you are intending to do...Please dont worry, as promised, i wont go back home using the old way ...:)

8. Apr 30, 2004 #7
    =P wow many thanks

Great forum with great people hey I got a new friend =D

it's been fixed , my ip addresss was in conflict with a lan card. stupid me :)

9. Apr 30, 2004 #8
    .....sigh....again...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?