1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Network theorems

1. Oct 28, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    There's nothing a problem actually , all I wanted to know is what is the physical significance of network theorems , why are we actually studying them..?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    generally , we use network theorems for simplifying the circuit..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Could you mention a couple of these Network Theorems and what they are used for? Do you mean like Thevenin Equivalents?

4. Oct 28, 2014 #3
    thevenin's , millman's , superposition theorem , etc are some of the network theorems..Basically they are all used for simpliyfying complex networks..
    that's ok that we are using them for simplifying and I know that..but what is actually the use of it in practical life.
    If you want to know more about these theorems ..please refer to this link..
    http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_10/6.html

5. Oct 30, 2014 #4

Zondrina

Homework Helper

Suppose you have constructed a giant network. If someone wants to understand the efficiency of your circuit (among other things) you would provide them with a simple Thevenin (or Norton) equivalent. The reason you would do this is because you save the other person time in analyzing your potentially complex circuit.

Supplying the Thevenin for example will make power calculations easy (just ##\frac{V^2}{R}## at that point).

6. Oct 30, 2014 #5
    well , that's the same reason I mentioned above with my query..but I meant to say that..are such networks are there in some devices where the use of these networks become essential??

7. Oct 31, 2014 #6
    No, it isn't essential. The main reason for using theorems of electrical networks is becouse they accelerate solving.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted