Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Neurological phenomenon?

1. Mar 30, 2004 #1
    I have noticed that when you keep in direct communication with a person, you have a tenedncy to think alike. What I mean is, you often think the same thing at the same time, and say the same thing at the same time. This phenomenon has been reoccuring for many years with someone very close to me. How can it be explained?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2004 #2
    Happens all the time! You basically answered the question... you're known this person for years, you've been around this person, you bascially can predict how they think.

Simple (and very stupid) example -

Your friend sees a person eating a burger, and exclaims "wouldn't be funny if that person choked"
    next time you see a person eating a burger, and you think "wouldn't it be funny if that person choked"
    You and your friend both sees a person eating a burger and you think.. you guessed it!

and for the record, i have crazy friends.

4. Mar 31, 2004 #3

Njorl

Science Advisor

It is not just that you spend a lot of time with this person. You must consider why you spend a lot of time with this person. You probably had similar thought patterns to begin with, making you compatible. My wife and I often don't need to speak, just a nod or a look is a whole sentence.

Njorl

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?