Neutralization Equation: HNO3 + Ca(OH)2 → Ca(NO3)2 + H2O

• Thread starter omni
  • Start date
In summary: KOH Dissociation of water and potassium hydroxide: 2KOH (aq) + H2O (l) -> K(aq) + 2H2O (l) Ca(OH)2Dissociation of water and calcium hydroxide: 2Ca(OH)2 (s) + H2O (l) -> Ca(s) + 2H2O (l)
omni
i need to Write the Response Neutralization Equation between Acid solution HNO3 and the solution Ca(OH)2 Calcium hydroxide (base).

in the picture you can see my answer and tell me if i correct.

thanks.

Attachments

• attachme.jpg
    attachme.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 425
Physics news on Phys.org
No, not really where did you get OH2- species from?

Only somewhat correct. You are not clear about what your actual reactants and products are. Calcium hydroxide might be treated as a strong base, and nitric acid is a strong acid, so you have an ionic reaction. In your example, simple neutralization. Products are a salt (guess which one) and water.

Omni, please learn how to use forum editor to format correctly your equations. Attaching them as pictures doesn't make sense.

When you start a message you have a set of buttons over the edit field. Two of them are X2 and X2. If you mark part of the text and click one of these buttons, special tags are added around marked characters, and they become subscripts or superscripts.

These tags can be also added manually, and

[noparse]SO42-[/noparse]

will be displayed as

SO42-

(note: there are always two tags, opening and a closing one, opening has [tag] form, while closing has a [/tag] form; [noparse][/noparse] is for subscripts, [noparse][/noparse] is for superscripts)

ok i will try to use in what you showed me borek.

and from where i got OH2- i got is from Ca(OH)2. i speak about 100% Response between the acid and the base.

is it Possible that someone can show me the answer?
thanks.

omni said:
ok i will try to use in what you showed me borek.

and from where i got OH2- i got is from Ca(OH)2. i speak about 100% Response between the acid and the base.

is it Possible that someone can show me the answer?
thanks.

Rethink --- what kind of compound is Ca(OH)2? It is not an acid. How is this compound present dissolved in water? What is the reaction for this?

is a Inorganic compound, i know is not acid is a strong base.

i just mistake in OH2-? in the Equation?

thanks.

Write dissociation reactions for:

KOH
Ca(OH)2
Al(OH)3

(Note: OH2- doesn't mean anything, I told you how to format formulas correctly, please do it).

1. What is a neutralization equation?

A neutralization equation is a chemical equation that represents the reaction between an acid and a base to form a salt and water. It is also known as an acid-base reaction.

2. How do you balance a neutralization equation?

To balance a neutralization equation, you must ensure that the number of atoms of each element is equal on both sides of the equation. This can be done by adding coefficients (numbers in front of the chemical formulas) to the reactants and products.

3. What are the products of a neutralization equation?

The products of a neutralization equation are a salt and water. The type of salt produced depends on the specific acid and base used in the reaction.

4. What is the purpose of a neutralization equation?

The purpose of a neutralization equation is to show the chemical reaction between an acid and a base, and the resulting products. It is used to understand the stoichiometry of the reaction and to determine the amount of reactants needed to produce a certain amount of product.

5. Can a neutralization equation be reversed?

Yes, a neutralization equation can be reversed. This is known as a neutralization reaction in the reverse direction. In this case, the salt and water will react to form the original acid and base. However, not all neutralization reactions are reversible.