Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Never Burped before!

1. Apr 6, 2006 #1
    I have never burped in my entire life, besides when I was a baby. I never thought about this or the fact that it was weird until I realized other people burping all around me. I don't like the taste of soda and I don't drink it, so maybe that has something to do with it? I have no idea, but it's so weird, no matter how hard I try, I can't even make myself do a fake burp! :confused:
    Does anyone else have this issue??

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2006 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I guess it has to all come out the other end then?

4. Apr 6, 2006 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

ummm......

5. Apr 6, 2006 #4
    You should try burping while farting, I highly recommend it.

6. Apr 6, 2006 #5
    The Great burb lawsuit

:grumpy: :mad:
    I'am sueing you!?!You caused a super earthquake and created an supertussmi which created a hypercane and it also created a super volcano.
    My lawer told me you owe me
    $[tex]$ 1,145,1443,0430,0123,000,000,0000,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,00,00,000.25 x 10^90992[/tex]
    and if you think if I can't that much money form you my lawer was the guy to bribe the scientist who created vioxx to "accedently" make so that you could die form it.I'll see you in court.:approve:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  7. Apr 6, 2006 #6

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Never burped before? Hoo-boy, you're in for a doozy. :eek:

8. Apr 6, 2006 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did it make your ears pop?

9. Apr 6, 2006 #8
    I suspect you have a rare esophogeal condition called dysburpsia. It's not life-threatening, but I'm afraid to tell you you will be restricted from ever entering a college fraternity.

10. Apr 6, 2006 #9
    IT'S FUN!!!!!!

11. Apr 6, 2006 #10
    I love the kinds of posts that come from pineapple!

12. Apr 6, 2006 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks for that mental image. :rolleyes: But, I guess so.

It's hard to imagine never burping. Not even a little, quiet, polite one? Not everyone lets out huge belches that can be monitored on the richter scale (though I've known a few people who did, on a regular basis :bugeye: :yuck:).

13. Apr 6, 2006 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, you liked that one, eh? How about Human Jacuzzi, then? :biggrin:

14. Apr 6, 2006 #13

Mk

I love eating pineapple!

15. Apr 6, 2006 #14

dav2008

Gold Member

Do you chew your food thoroughly and eat slowly?

16. Apr 6, 2006 #15
    Try this: Begin to breath in. As you do close your windpipe (ie make it so you can't easily get air down your throat ..you should be able to contract automatically. Then, while doing that increase the pressure difference on the inside of the closed part of your (ie try breathing in harder and harder while maintaining a closed airway). Eventually the pressure difference becomes too great and the air will force itself through, which will make you burp.

17. Apr 6, 2006 #16
    Swallow air, then push it out... This is how I fake burps, anyway. Good luck! (lol)

18. Apr 6, 2006 #17
    You don't need to burp. As long as you are still farting, you're fine.

19. Apr 6, 2006 #18
    Well, unless you like exploding. Might get you into the Guiness Book, though (totally worth it o:) ).

20. Apr 6, 2006 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I guess we are a forum with an education mission, even if it's just educating someone on how to burp. :rofl:

21. Apr 6, 2006 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I think that's why those whirlpool tubs are so popular in master baths...it's much more romantic if the person joining you can't tell when you fart in the tub. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?