Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Never spank your monkey

1. Mar 5, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One animal expert believes that this may have been motivated by jealousy over the attention shown the other chimp. What a horrific thing. I had no idea that chimps would be so aggressive.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2005 #2

I was sitting here reading it, feeling fine, until I hit the TESTICLES MAULED OFF part...

Wouldn't it be great if one of us was sitting at home thinking "hey that's me!"
  4. Mar 5, 2005 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

We humans are chimps closest relative and we're waaaaaaaaaaaay more agressive...

5. Mar 5, 2005 #4
    Who you callin' agressive, numb nuts? :grumpy: :biggrin:
  6. Mar 5, 2005 #5
    numb nut lol
  7. Mar 5, 2005 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

goes to show how unpredictable any animal is.
  8. Mar 5, 2005 #7
    I'm a pretty predictable animal. think what shouldn't he do...that's what I do.
  9. Mar 5, 2005 #8

The fella doesn't have a leg to stand on...wait, yes he does, ONE! I'll be here all week, try the veal.

Honestly, why would anyone ever have a pet that could kill them? Kind of takes the wind out of the term Master, doesn't it? I remember seeing a docu-thing on PBS about troops of chimps that would actively seek out and hunt members of other chimp troops. It was pretty brutal, had to change the channel.
  10. Mar 5, 2005 #9

Gold Member

aggression is like pressure. if you dont vent it out someday it'll explode and there will be collateral damage.
  11. Mar 5, 2005 #10
    I've heard that story on the local radio show yesterday. I just don't get how the chimps were able to bite off his manliness, that's frigging weird.
  12. Mar 5, 2005 #11

And unpleasant. Makes my naughty bits hurt just thinking about it...

owwieee..... :frown:
  13. Mar 5, 2005 #12

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Chimps can be VERY aggressive, as that guy found out the hard way. Though, according to the article, he should have already known chimps were aggressive, since the one he had to give up to that sanctuary had bitten off someone's finger! Though, he wasn't in their enclosure, somehow the chimps escaped the enclosure to attack this guy.
  14. Mar 5, 2005 #13
    that reminds me, I'm going to go play with a monkey this weekend.
  15. Mar 5, 2005 #14

A monkey, or your monkey? :wink:
  16. Mar 5, 2005 #15
    both, if you really must know.
  17. Mar 5, 2005 #16

Is the other monkey the one we were all betting would bite you?
  18. Mar 5, 2005 #17
    my monkey doesn't bite, it spits at me all the time though. lol
  19. Mar 5, 2005 #18

Not your monkey, the other one.

I would hope yours doesn't bite, otherwise moonbear would never go near it :biggrin:
  20. Mar 5, 2005 #19

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not going near either of them, that's why he's playing by himself. :tongue:
  21. Mar 5, 2005 #20
    I didn't reply to his comment, don't see any reason why you had to either. geez. can't have it both ways
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?