Neverwet - I like it

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
Borek
Mentor

I am not sure if I have not posted a video of something similar (or was it the same product?) in the past, but it still amazes me how effective these things are. Sure, there is a huge gap between lab conditions and the real world, still - fascinating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor

I am not sure if I have not posted a video of something similar (or was it the same product?) in the past, but it still amazes me how effective these things are. Sure, there is a huge gap between lab conditions and the real world, still - fascinating.
Looks like a very slick substance, you can see the shiny plastic look of the CEO's t-shirt, I wonder how the coating holds up to be washed? Is it flammable? Also, I wouldn't spray anything into a phone still under warranty, it most likely will invalidate it. But it still looks like a good waterproofing product. Wish I'd had it when I got my expensive new tile floors with the "mabe pearl" grout in my old house, the hours I spent weekly on the floor with a small brush and soft scrub bleach, then brush back on the worthless non waterproof waterproofing.

I thought this thread was gonna be about something else o_O

I wonder how you get it off, maybe it's permanent? Or it might dissolve in something non-polar?

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
According to the on-line criticisms I saw, it works well when first applied but it doesn't last at all. UV kills it quickly and it flakes off of clothes.

I saw a similar product advertised about a year ago and it had stupendous reviews, BUT ... it cost well over 10 times as much as NeverWet.

Borek
Mentor
Other product we talked about in the past was Ultra-Ever Dry:

drizzle
Gold Member
I'll need that for my lab notes.

nasu
Gold Member
Thanks for posting the article. Disappointing, but not surprising. I have yet to buy a waterproofing agent works as promised. But that video apparently was very deceiving.
Yes, I agree with the deceiving part.
I was looking for a place to buy it when I found that article. :smile:
It looks like they sell it in Home Depot in US and Canada.