Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Neverwet - I like it

1. Oct 21, 2013 #1

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I am not sure if I have not posted a video of something similar (or was it the same product?) in the past, but it still amazes me how effective these things are. Sure, there is a huge gap between lab conditions and the real world, still - fascinating.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2013 #2

Evo

Looks like a very slick substance, you can see the shiny plastic look of the CEO's t-shirt, I wonder how the coating holds up to be washed? Is it flammable? Also, I wouldn't spray anything into a phone still under warranty, it most likely will invalidate it. But it still looks like a good waterproofing product. Wish I'd had it when I got my expensive new tile floors with the "mabe pearl" grout in my old house, the hours I spent weekly on the floor with a small brush and soft scrub bleach, then brush back on the worthless non waterproof waterproofing.

4. Oct 21, 2013 #3
    I thought this thread was gonna be about something else o_O

I wonder how you get it off, maybe it's permanent? Or it might dissolve in something non-polar?

5. Oct 23, 2013 #4
  6. Oct 23, 2013 #5

Evo

7. Oct 24, 2013 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

According to the on-line criticisms I saw, it works well when first applied but it doesn't last at all. UV kills it quickly and it flakes off of clothes.

I saw a similar product advertised about a year ago and it had stupendous reviews, BUT ... it cost well over 10 times as much as NeverWet.

8. Oct 24, 2013 #7

Borek

Other product we talked about in the past was Ultra-Ever Dry:

9. Oct 24, 2013 #8

drizzle

Gold Member

I'll need that for my lab notes.

10. Oct 24, 2013 #9
  11. Oct 24, 2013 #10

Borek

12. Oct 24, 2013 #11
    Yes, I agree with the deceiving part.
    I was looking for a place to buy it when I found that article. :smile:
    It looks like they sell it in Home Depot in US and Canada.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook