New Abortion Laws: Texas Law & Sources for Info

• News
  • Thread starter Mattius_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laws
In summary, there is a new law in Texas requiring women seeking an abortion to view pictures of a developing fetus and complete educational exercises. The law is not new and has been previously implemented in Canberra, Australia with little impact. Some individuals believe it is a form of shock tactics, while others find it offensive and intrusive. Further information can be found by searching for "Texas abortion laws" on a trustworthy search engine.
Mattius_
I was watching 'The Factor' a few days ago and apparently there is a new law in Texas which requires all women seeking an abortion to view pictures of a developing fetus along with other educational excercises. I really want some further information on this along with a few internet sources. Please help me.

Physics news on Phys.org
maybe eminem there can help you...

just look up texas abortion laws in google or another trustworthy search engine...that doesn't surprise me though that law comes from texas...

ACT Tried This

Yeh, we tried that law about four years ago, here in Canberra, Australia. Its nothing new - really just shock tactics.
http://www.wel.org.au/inkwel/ink991/osborne.htm

At my local abortion clinic, the "holier than thou" Catholics pray for the children about to be sucked from the womb, directly outside where the abortions are conducted. Poor girls who have an abortion have to walk past these pricks. In my opinion, that's worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kerrie, I did already search under google and with the exact words you used. That is why i came here to get help.

1. What is the new Texas abortion law and how does it differ from previous laws?

The new Texas abortion law, also known as Senate Bill 8, prohibits abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can be as early as six weeks into a pregnancy. This is a significant change from previous laws, which allowed abortions up to 20 weeks of pregnancy. Additionally, this law allows individuals to sue anyone who aids or performs an abortion after six weeks, including healthcare providers and family members.

2. How does this law affect access to abortion services in Texas?

This law severely limits access to abortion services in Texas. Many clinics have had to stop providing abortions altogether, and those that continue to offer them may have to turn away patients who are past six weeks of pregnancy. This disproportionately affects low-income individuals and those in rural areas, who may not have the resources or means to travel to another state for an abortion.

3. What sources can I turn to for accurate information about the new abortion laws in Texas?

There are several reputable sources for information about the new abortion laws in Texas. The Texas Legislature website provides the full text of Senate Bill 8, as well as updates on its status and any changes. The Texas Health and Human Services website also offers information on the law and its implications for healthcare providers and individuals seeking abortion services.

4. Are there any exceptions to the six-week abortion ban in Texas?

The Texas abortion law does not include exceptions for cases of rape or incest. The only exception is for medical emergencies that pose a risk to the pregnant person's life.

5. How can I support reproductive rights and access to abortion in Texas?

There are several ways to support reproductive rights and access to abortion in Texas. You can donate to organizations that provide abortion services and support, such as Planned Parenthood or the Lilith Fund. You can also stay informed and educate others about the impact of these laws on individuals and communities. Additionally, you can contact your local representatives and urge them to support reproductive rights and access to healthcare for all individuals.