New Account

1. Hey all,

My brother is considering opening up an account on this site, is this allowed? We would be using the same laptop, and I know that 'sock-puppet' accounts are not allowed. Is he allowed to open up an account, I know on other forums we have had to ask permission as people sometimes think we are just the same user, which isn't allowed.

_Mayday_

2. jcsd
  3. cristo

cristo 8,412
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Yes, of course your brother is allowed to create his own account :smile:. The rules are that each member is allowed one account, not that each IP is allowed one account. I understand, however, that in most cases these are one and the same, so thanks for pointing it out to us, and avoiding misunderstandings in the future! (I hope you've warned him that this doesn't exempt him from the welcome fish :biggrin:)

4. I've made it perfectly clear!

5. Evo

Staff: Mentor

Make sure he introduces himself!

6. Will do, top guy few years younger, maybe a few years brighter!

7. Don't forget to ask him what kind of fish he likes.

8. Great, and when is your hot sister gonna sign up ?

marlon

9. Kurdt

Kurdt 4,941
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tiny-tim is the official welcome member nowadays.

10. Hello everyone _Mayday_ told me to introduce myself to everyone. I'm his brother

11. Evo

Hey Muddy!!!!!! Welcome to the forum!! You should introduce yourself in General Discussion so you can be properly initiated!

12. Kurdt

Kurdt 4,941
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Evo is just dying to use the latest batch of fish. Welcome Muddy! :smile:

13. Sup Bro! I'm talking to you via the internet, but you are a metre away from me!

14. cristo

cristo 8,412
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Hey, Muddy, welcome to PF :smile:

15. Astronuc

Welcome to PF _Muddy_. Welcome to the show that never ends.

We would never have guessed any resemblance to _Mayday_.

What's your interest math, physics, a particular branch of science, . . . , food, drink, . . . , girls, . . ? We've got it all. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?