Creating a New Account on Our Site: Guidelines and Permissions

• Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date
In summary, a user named _Mayday_ asked if it was allowed for his brother to open an account on the site, using the same laptop, due to concerns about sock-puppet accounts. Another user, marlonTiny-tim, joked about their hot sister joining, but _Mayday_ clarified that his brother would be the one joining. Other users welcomed him and encouraged him to introduce himself. The conversation also mentioned the forum's rules on having one account per member, not per IP, and the tradition of welcoming new members with a "welcome fish." Overall, the conversation was friendly and welcoming to the new member.
_Mayday_
Hey all,

My brother is considering opening up an account on this site, is this allowed? We would be using the same laptop, and I know that 'sock-puppet' accounts are not allowed. Is he allowed to open up an account, I know on other forums we have had to ask permission as people sometimes think we are just the same user, which isn't allowed.

_Mayday_

Physics news on Phys.org
_Mayday_ said:
Hey all,

My brother is considering opening up an account on this site, is this allowed? We would be using the same laptop, and I know that 'sock-puppet' accounts are not allowed. Is he allowed to open up an account, I know on other forums we have had to ask permission as people sometimes think we are just the same user, which isn't allowed.

_Mayday_

Yes, of course your brother is allowed to create his own account :smile:. The rules are that each member is allowed one account, not that each IP is allowed one account. I understand, however, that in most cases these are one and the same, so thanks for pointing it out to us, and avoiding misunderstandings in the future! (I hope you've warned him that this doesn't exempt him from the welcome fish :biggrin:)

I've made it perfectly clear!

Make sure he introduces himself!

Will do, top guy few years younger, maybe a few years brighter!

Evo said:
Make sure he introduces himself!
Don't forget to ask him what kind of fish he likes.

_Mayday_ said:
Hey all,

_Mayday_

Great, and when is your hot sister going to sign up ?

marlon

Tiny-tim is the official welcome member nowadays.

Hello everyone _Mayday_ told me to introduce myself to everyone. I'm his brother

Hey Muddy! Welcome to the forum! You should introduce yourself in General Discussion so you can be properly initiated!

Evo is just dying to use the latest batch of fish. Welcome Muddy! :smile:

Sup Bro! I'm talking to you via the internet, but you are a metre away from me!

Hey, Muddy, welcome to PF :smile:

Welcome to PF _Muddy_. Welcome to the show that never ends.

We would never have guessed any resemblance to _Mayday_.

What's your interest math, physics, a particular branch of science, . . . , food, drink, . . . , girls, . . ? We've got it all. :biggrin:

What is a "New Account"?

A "New Account" refers to a newly created account in a system or platform. It typically requires a user to enter personal information and set up login credentials to access the features and services offered by the system.

How do I create a "New Account"?

To create a "New Account", you will need to go to the sign-up or registration page of the system or platform. There, you will be prompted to enter your personal information, such as name, email address, and password. Follow the steps provided by the system to complete the account creation process.

What information is required to create a "New Account"?

The information required to create a "New Account" may vary depending on the system or platform. However, it typically includes personal information such as name, email address, and password. Some systems may also require additional information, such as date of birth or phone number, for verification purposes.

Is it safe to create a "New Account" on this system?

The safety of creating a "New Account" on a system depends on the security measures implemented by the system. It is important to ensure that the system uses encryption and other security protocols to protect your personal information. It is also recommended to use a strong and unique password for your account.

Can I delete or deactivate my "New Account"?

Most systems allow users to delete or deactivate their "New Account". However, the process may vary depending on the system. It is recommended to review the system's terms and conditions or contact their customer support for specific instructions on deleting or deactivating your account.