Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Alain Connes paper

1. Apr 11, 2005 #1

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2005 #2

Kea

It just keeps coming, doesn't it! Great!

4. Apr 12, 2005 #3

arivero

Gold Member

It seems the new recruitment, Matilde Marcolli, is very diligent!

5. Apr 12, 2005 #4

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Do I read this correctly, they have a generalization of the renormalization "group"? One that really is a group?

6. Apr 12, 2005 #5

Kea

The dream of Cartier and the Grothendieck's of this world! Yep - the cosmic Galois group. Of course now we just need to sort out the noncommutative case....

7. Apr 13, 2005 #6

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I am reading the paper now. The beginning, where they go over the dimesnional regularization and minimal subtraction is just what I have needed for a long time. I am a receptive-minded person, which means I have to have a minimal structure for data in my head before I can really take it in. This ultraclear summary presents what I have needed to get behind the calculational facade of dimensional regularization. Am now onto the divergent graph material, which is unfamiliar to me but still very clear. I am so glad this paper exists!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?