Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Blade Runner

Tags:
  1. May 11, 2017 #1

Ford, Gosling, Leto. Can't wait!

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. May 11, 2017 #3
    I haven't seen the original in like 15 years. I think it's time to dust it off!

5. May 11, 2017 #4
    Do you know which parts of the dialog in the original were ad lib?

6. May 11, 2017 #5

BillTre

Science Advisor

Much better trailer than the ones that were around for a few months!

Are you referring to Roy's part at the end about tears in the rain?

7. May 11, 2017 #6
    Yep.

But I'll never understand why a blade runner could be ambushed by the cue pee doll routine.

8. May 13, 2017 #7

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

After Prometheus, I expect another eye roller.

9. Jun 2, 2017 #8
    I'm apprehensive. It's hard to pull off a sequel to a cult classic. Blade Runner leaves some open questions which makes you think about it. I'm worried that it will be turned into a simple good vs evil or save the world action flick.

10. Jun 2, 2017 #9
    I was seriously wondering if Harrison did his parts before he died. I gotta lay off the comic book movies.

11. Jun 16, 2017 #10
    The preview looked interesting, if they take the original concept in a good direction they might have a good flick. I don't really like Leto, though. Hopefully his role is similar to the one he played in American Psycho.

12. Jun 21, 2017 #11

DHF

are you posting from the future? Currently Ford is still alive, at least according to my subjective present.

13. Jun 21, 2017 #12

DHF

Though doing a sequel like this does kind of ruin the mystery of his character being a Replicant or not.

14. Jun 21, 2017 #13
    I was referring to his dispute with his son, Kylo.

15. Jun 21, 2017 #14

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

I understand your skepticism, but if there is a reason to be optimistic, this new film will be directed by acclaimed Quebecois (i.e. French-Canadian) filmmaker Denis Villeneuve, who has had an impressive resume thus far with both his earlier French language films (Polytechnique, Incendies) as well as his English-language films (Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario, and Arrival in particular). If any filmmaker will be able to pull off a thought-provoking sci-fi film in the manner of the original Blade Runner, it would be Villeneuve.

16. Jun 21, 2017 #15

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you seen 'The modern adventures of Han and Ben'?
    upload_2017-6-21_16-38-10.png
    (there's a whole series)

17. Jul 17, 2017 #16

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The second trailer is out.

18. Jul 17, 2017 #17

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I watch about 1 "new" movie about every 5 years. It was your post that prompted me to watch "Sicario" last month. I concur, that this director was a good choice, for this film.

Listening to people whine about movies who see the drivel that comes out every week makes me glad I'm not a "movie-goer".
    They seem somewhat "jaded".

The original Bladerunner is one of my 10 favorite movies.

19. Jul 17, 2017 #18

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you seen more than 10? :wink:

20. Jul 17, 2017 #19

BillTre

Science Advisor

The trailers are proliferating.
    I just saw a different trailer in a theater a couple of days ago.

21. Jul 17, 2017 #20

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Thousands. I just wait for them to come out on internet. Very few movies will make me skip the pause button.
    The last two I saw on the big screen were "The Martian" and the latest Star Trek movie.
    I'm going to have to research who is directing movies from now on, as that latest Trek movie looked like something out of "Fast and Furious", only with space ships. :thumbdown:

Given that I liked Sicario, and Ridley Scott can, IMHO, do no wrong, I will be seeing this one on the big screen.
    :film::partytime:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted