Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Books?

1. Apr 5, 2004 #1
    I am interested in recent books related to physics those of you out there have read and recommend.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We already have quite a number of threads here about choosing a book for a particular topic, like quantum mechanics.

What sort of book are you looking for? What topic, and what level?

- Warren

4. Apr 5, 2004 #3
    Thanks. I will check out the threads you mentioned. I'm interested in a variety of diverse topics. That's why the question was vague. The level of difficulty can range from lay to graduate student. I am interested in what those of you recently found to be worthwhile in your own areas of study.

5. Apr 5, 2004 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, there are probably several thousand books that fit that request. Maybe you should consider narrowing it down a bit.

- Warren

6. Apr 5, 2004 #5
    Thanks again. Tell me this..... What is the last book you read?

7. Apr 5, 2004 #6

Janitor

Science Advisor

In my twenties I came across a couple of neat books by Emilio Segre, called From Falling Bodies to Radio Waves and From X-Rays to Quarks. Also back then I came across some books by Abraham Pais, a colleague of Einstein: Inward Bound and Subtle Is the Lord, the latter being a biography of Einstein, but also including a fair bit of his theory.

8. Apr 5, 2004 #7
    Janitor,
    Thanks.....I appreciate the input. I am not familiar with the books you cited. I'll take a look at them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?