1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Books?

1. Apr 5, 2004 #1
    I am interested in recent books related to physics those of you out there have read and recommend.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We already have quite a number of threads here about choosing a book for a particular topic, like quantum mechanics.

What sort of book are you looking for? What topic, and what level?

- Warren

4. Apr 5, 2004 #3
    Thanks. I will check out the threads you mentioned. I'm interested in a variety of diverse topics. That's why the question was vague. The level of difficulty can range from lay to graduate student. I am interested in what those of you recently found to be worthwhile in your own areas of study.

5. Apr 5, 2004 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, there are probably several thousand books that fit that request. Maybe you should consider narrowing it down a bit.

- Warren

6. Apr 5, 2004 #5
    Thanks again. Tell me this..... What is the last book you read?

7. Apr 5, 2004 #6

Janitor

Science Advisor

In my twenties I came across a couple of neat books by Emilio Segre, called From Falling Bodies to Radio Waves and From X-Rays to Quarks. Also back then I came across some books by Abraham Pais, a colleague of Einstein: Inward Bound and Subtle Is the Lord, the latter being a biography of Einstein, but also including a fair bit of his theory.

8. Apr 5, 2004 #7
    Janitor,
    Thanks.....I appreciate the input. I am not familiar with the books you cited. I'll take a look at them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook