Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New budding love

  1. Nov 27, 2011 #1
    Hello, I am a junior in high school and I have a new budding love for physics. Therefore I would like to know what type of physics involves manipulation of atoms and molecules. I would also like to know which colleges would be the best to apply to for that type of physics. Thank for any advice given.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2011 #2
    I'd generally fit this into the field of 'Atomic and Molecular Optics" -- so when you look at schools, try to find some with professors that categorize their research in that field.
  4. Nov 27, 2011 #3
    Perhaps you'd like Nanotech? It's hard to pinpoint any colleges that excel in that particular subject if one doesn't know where (geographically) you're most likely to study... I could tell you that Lund University in Sweden do have forefront research on Nanotechnology but I guess you're not from Sweden.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook