1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New budding love

1. Nov 27, 2011 #1
    Hello, I am a junior in high school and I have a new budding love for physics. Therefore I would like to know what type of physics involves manipulation of atoms and molecules. I would also like to know which colleges would be the best to apply to for that type of physics. Thank for any advice given.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2011 #2
    I'd generally fit this into the field of 'Atomic and Molecular Optics" -- so when you look at schools, try to find some with professors that categorize their research in that field.

4. Nov 27, 2011 #3
    Perhaps you'd like Nanotech? It's hard to pinpoint any colleges that excel in that particular subject if one doesn't know where (geographically) you're most likely to study... I could tell you that Lund University in Sweden do have forefront research on Nanotechnology but I guess you're not from Sweden.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook