Pimp My Avatar: The Ultimate Virtual Makeover Challenge

• Thread starter Ki Man
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Contest
In summary, the conversation discusses the different uses and connotations of the term "pimp," which can be used as a verb, adjective, or noun. It originated as a derogatory term but has been reclaimed as a slang term for being unique and cool. The conversation also includes a playful suggestion to add an avatar and have it "pimped" by another user.
Ki Man
this should be pretty obvious

heres my line up

Untitled-1.jpg

any challengers?

Physics news on Phys.org
Pimp can also be used as a verb such as "You're pimped up!" or "Pimp my ride." The latter example refers to customizing an automobile, made popular by the show Pimp My Ride on MTV. It can also be used as an adjective connoting the same, i.e. "Man, that car's pimp!" Either use was originally a derogatory term, implying that the subject was overly decorated and tacky (referring to the stereotype of pimps with excessive jewelry, flashy clothes, or brightly colored cars with animal-print upholstery and crystal chandeliers). It was eventually reclaimed as an American slang term for being unique, "cool" or socially desirable,
:rofl:

You should really start considering that bling

Ki, get yourself an avatar and I guarantee that I will pimp the living **** out of it. :biggrin:

1. What is "New Contest? Pimp my avatar"?

"New Contest? Pimp my avatar" is a virtual competition where participants can submit their avatars for a chance to have them customized by a professional designer.

2. How can I enter the contest?

To enter the contest, you will need to follow the instructions posted on the official contest announcement. This typically involves submitting your avatar through a designated platform or by using a specific hashtag on social media.

3. Is there a fee to participate in the contest?

No, participation in "New Contest? Pimp my avatar" is completely free of charge. It is open to anyone who meets the eligibility requirements.

4. Who will be judging the contest?

The contest will be judged by a panel of experts in graphic design and avatar customization. They will assess the submissions based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the contest theme.

5. What is the prize for winning the contest?

The exact prize for winning the contest may vary, but it typically includes a customized avatar, recognition on our website or social media platforms, and sometimes a cash prize or other rewards. The specific details will be outlined in the contest announcement.