Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New DigiCam

1. Oct 25, 2006 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I recently got a new DigiCam, it is much smaller and more convenient to use then my old one. I have been taking in everywhere and snapping pics like crazy. Here is one I took while walking Ricochet and Meja today. I am knot sure if the third dog (can you spot it?) is a friend or knot.[​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2006 #2
    Is that a dog next to the white dog's rear left leg?

4. Oct 25, 2006 #3

moo

I see several knots - it's a wooden fence... :biggrin:

moo

5. Oct 25, 2006 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think he has a knotty nose.

6. Oct 25, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: That took a while to spot. He seems to be a knotty doggy.

7. Oct 25, 2006 #6

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, indeed, he is a very knotty dog. Perhaps if I zoom in a bit it will make it a little easier to see.

[​IMG]

8. Oct 25, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Y'know, Meja isn't looking all that much smaller than Ricochet. Are you going to have to try again with another dog for your wife to have a dog of a sufficiently small size? :biggrin:

9. Oct 26, 2006 #8

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That shot is a bit deceptive, Meja is up on her hind legs, Ricochet is standing flat footed. Here is a shot that shows the difference better.

[​IMG]

[itex] \frac d {dx} [/itex] seems pretty happy with Meja, she is a real sweetheart, until Ricochet gets to close to her dog treat; Then she becomes a real b... well a female dog shall we say!

[itex] \frac d {dx} [/itex], in order to further reduce the size of Ricochet, has pronounced him a Boarder Collie. He really has a lot in common with the breed, I am wondering if his breeders were careful enough... any way his major problem with being a Boarder Collie is that he is small, so now we have a tiny Boarder Collie rather then a Large Papillon.

Women and logic :rolleyes:

Present company excepted o:)

10. Oct 26, 2006 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, she really did look a lot bigger while up on hind legs.

:rofl: Ricochet does look a lot like a small border collie, except the way he holds his tail. Border collies usually have their tails down, and he seems to hold his up more papillon style. Did the breeder have border collies too? It's entirely possible that there was an "unauthorized liason" if they had them on the premises, or that one of the parents looked papillon, but somewhere along the way had some border collie mixed in that showed up in Ricochet.

11. Oct 27, 2006 #10

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The way he holds his tail and the fact that he is mainly white, separate him from official Boarder Collie. We do not let such minor details intrude into our construct of reality. :rofl:

12. Oct 27, 2006 #11
    Oh that is SOOOOO cute!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?