New Efficient AC

• Thread starter Erich
  • Start date
Rick,

It is nice to have you on the board. Can you comment on my second post or atleast give me some data?

Regards,

quark said:
Rick,

It is nice to have you on the board. Can you comment on my second post or atleast give me some data?

Regards,
quark - In my reply to russ_watters I detailed how to calculate what the product air temperatures will be using a 95% wetbulb approach, which is what our Coolerado R600 is designed to do. The dewpoint will remain the same, reflecting no moisture added to the product air stream. This is the condition you can expect when using balanced airflow at 500 CFM per HMX (50% (250 CFM) of incoming air being conditioned as product, and 50% (250 CFM) used for working air). The pressure drop will be about 0.7 inches of water column. The R600 has 6 HMXs so the product CFM will be 250 * 6 = 1,500 CFM. Pressure drop stays the same at 0.7.

To go below wet bulb and approach dew point, push more air through the working channels, and less through the product (300 CFM to working and 100 CFM to product will get you most of the way to dew point).

If you, or anybody else would like to have a full copy of the DOE/NREL reports, just send me an e-mail and I will reply and attach the reports. They have completed tests on two Coolerado Coolers and have two reports that go into detail with all these numbers.

My e-mail address is RickGillan@Idalex.com

Thanks again. Rick

Sorry to bring up a thread that has been dormant almost a year, but has anyone heard more about these? Has anyone used one yet?

Any updates?

How are the automotive applications progressing?

What material are the cooler plates manufactured from?