Is the Fit through Fat diet really healthy and effective for weight loss?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fit
In summary, the woman lost a lot of weight by eating a lot of lard, cream, and fatty meats. She's convinced this diet is healthy and keeps her lean. To eat that much, she has to start early and has to avoid eating anything with sugar or carbs.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
New "Fit through Fat" diet

I think I'd have a hard time staying on a diet like this, how many calories a day would that be? :bugeye:

"what a nutritionist would call a recipe for heart attacks is just what one doctor ordered for Izabela Strepak.

She went from a size 14 to a size 4.

"I guess that's a lot," she says.

She lost a lot by eating a lot - a steady diet of lard, cream and fatty meats. It's a diet she's convinced keeps her lean and healthy.

To eat that much you have to start early. Breakfast would require a four egg-yolk omelet cooked in lard, a side of bacon and sausage, toast bathed in butter - all washed down with a cup of heavy whipping cream. And that's just a third of your fat goal."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/28/eveningnews/main683605.shtml

Physics news on Phys.org
In a few months or years, we'll be hearing how the saturated fat in her diet clogged her arteries to the point of a massive heart attack.

Dieting is a long-term goal, not a get-slim-quick scheme. I'm sure a cholesterol work-up on that woman would reveal the true nature of her diet.

Evo said:
all washed down with a cup of heavy whipping cream.
You're sure that's whipping cream, not buttermilk with Tabasco? :yuck:

That would be 2250 calories of fat, probably doubled to account for the calories that come from sources other than fat.

Danger said:
You're sure that's whipping cream, not buttermilk with Tabasco? :yuck:
Buttermilk and tabasco sauce. :!) I guess that's not allowed on this diet though since it's low fat. :frown:

Now I'm REALLY craving an ice cold glass of buttermilk and tabasco sauce, with lots of salt and pepper. YUMMMM! :approve:

I don't drink it though, I eat it with a spoon. :redface:

BicycleTree said:
That would be 2250 calories of fat, probably doubled because only about half the calories in most high-fat foods come from fat.
That's true. I wonder if the body can't handle that much fat and most is passed through instead of stored? I may have to look that up.

Evo said:
I don't drink it though, I eat it with a spoon. :redface:
That does it; I'm not going to kiss you until you brush your teeth and gargle.

"gag" cooking in lard would kill me.

hypatia said:
It would kill almost anything. That's why boiling in oil was considered torture. :biggrin:

hypatia said:

Ohhh but roast potatoes just aren't the same otherwise!

Been eating some fantastic pork scratchings lately. On paper, it shouldn't be good: Pig skin, pig fat, salt. ~50% fat. But in the mouth, oh so good! And it's always a bonus when there's some hairs coming off the skin...

I think if I even ate half that amount of fat, I'd lose weight from the laxative effect! :bugeye: :yuck: That, and it would make me so nauseous, I'd be vomiting the rest.

Though, looking at that woman in the picture, the one who's supposed to be on the diet, I can't tell if it's loose skin from the weight loss on her neck or a goiter...notice near the base of her throat there's a thickening...she may not be losing weight because of the diet, but because of a hyperactive thyroid...the high fat diet may be sustaining her from becoming even more emaciated.

, I'd lose weight from the laxative effect! That, and it would make me so nauseous, I'd be vomiting the rest.

I'm sure you have hit on the secret to the diet...lol I'd have the same reaction.
Funny you saw the neck and thought thyroid. I saw the neck and thought diabetes. Either way, the neck does look like something more then just loose skin.

hypatia said:
Funny you saw the neck and thought thyroid. I saw the neck and thought diabetes.
I saw the neck and thought turkey.

men ..food and sex is all they ever think about?

hypatia said:
men ..food and sex is all they ever think about?
Cars... you, of all people, forgot about cars? :grumpy:

Danger said:
Cars... you, of all people, forgot about cars? :grumpy:

Pretty much boils down to: if you can't eat it, better ride it. :tongue2:

Moonbear said:
Pretty much boils down to: if you can't eat it, better ride it. :tongue2:
Ideally, both. :tongue2:

If you look at her eyes, you see the folds of skin. She looks very tired.

Yes one of the draw backs of the low carbs.

hypatia said:
one of the draw backs of the low carbs.
Not to mention restricted rpm's. :rolleyes:

1. What is the "New Fit through Fat diet"?

The "New Fit through Fat diet" is a diet plan that focuses on consuming healthy, high-fat foods while limiting carbohydrates. It aims to put the body in a state of ketosis, where it burns fat for energy instead of glucose.

2. Is the "New Fit through Fat diet" safe?

The "New Fit through Fat diet" can be safe for most people, but it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet. It may not be suitable for individuals with certain medical conditions, such as kidney disease or diabetes.

3. What foods are allowed on the "New Fit through Fat diet"?

The "New Fit through Fat diet" allows for high-fat foods such as avocados, nuts, seeds, fatty fish, and healthy oils. It also includes moderate amounts of protein from sources such as eggs, poultry, and dairy. Carbohydrates, particularly refined sugars and grains, are limited on this diet.

4. Can the "New Fit through Fat diet" help with weight loss?

The "New Fit through Fat diet" may be effective for weight loss in the short term, but long-term sustainability and health benefits are still being studied. It is important to maintain a balanced and nutrient-rich diet for overall health and weight management.

5. Are there any potential risks or side effects of the "New Fit through Fat diet"?

Some potential risks of the "New Fit through Fat diet" may include nutrient deficiencies, gastrointestinal issues, and potential long-term effects on heart health. It is important to carefully monitor and balance nutrient intake while following this diet and to consult with a healthcare professional if any concerning symptoms arise.