New GD Layout: A Refreshing Change!

• Praise
  • Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It was like walking into a room that you've been in a thousand times, and realizing that someone rearranged the furniture! It's very nice :smile:!

Physics news on Phys.org
Somebody's been working hard. Thanks. It looks great.

Thanks Greg!

I'll move more of the photo threads later. Anyone with links to photo threads that they want moved, leave them on my visitor message page.

Okay, I'm inept. Did all of the stickied threads from the top the GD forum move to somewhere else? And if so, where would that somewhere else be? :smile:

GeorginaS said:
Okay, I'm inept. Did all of the stickied threads from the top the GD forum move to somewhere else? And if so, where would that somewhere else be? :smile:
A new subforum https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much, Greg! :smile: :approve:

Why isn't there a subforum for girlfriend/ boyfriend/ relationship problems and worries? These topics seem to require a subforum for themselves. There are so many of them!

anirudh215 said:
Why isn't there a subforum for girlfriend/ boyfriend/ relationship problems and worries? These topics seem to require a subforum for themselves. There are so many of them!

we do have room for it, any other opinions?

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing, we need a subforum for relationship troubles. Or a library entry, or an FAQ thread, or a get-a-clue stick. :uhh: :biggrin:

And I nominate Cyrus to be the mentor for it. :devil:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: I was thinking the same thing, we need a subforum for relationship troubles. Or a library entry, or an FAQ thread, or a get-a-clue stick. :uhh: :biggrin:

And I nominate Cyrus to be the mentor for it. :devil:
Perhaps we should nominate a member who has actually HAD a relationship. There are times when people need a gut-check, not just a slam-down from a fellow who is planning to live with his parents until his mid-30's until some compliant girl with perfect skin (etc) shows up. Have you actually read his posts?

i see no change! what's changed?

turbo-1 said:
Perhaps we should nominate a member who has actually HAD a relationship. There are times when people need a gut-check, not just a slam-down from a fellow who is planning to live with his parents until his mid-30's until some compliant girl with perfect skin (etc) shows up. Have you actually read his posts?

I'm pretty sure humano or whatever is his gf... or bf.. i think cyrus is a girl.

Great solution Greg :approve:

Evo said:
I'll move more of the photo threads later. Anyone with links to photo threads that they want moved, leave them on my visitor message page.

All contest threads?

Edit: there were lots of threads that qualify (like "Pebbles or?") - but I wonder if I should report them to Evo. Pebbles thread was started by Andre, so perhaps he should decide. I will browse the GD to look for my older threads with pictures from Poland, if I will find something else I will post it here - not for Evo to move, but for others to make their mind.

Pebbles is here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=318238

Last edited:
Thanks Borek, It's on Evo visitors page. I would not bother about the older photo contest thread. Too many of them and they can be found back via the sticky of the photo contest winner thread.

Greg Bernhardt said:
we do have room for it, any other opinions?
I think it's a great idea.

I'll get these moved over after work. If anyone can remember some of the fun quizes we had, those would be nice to have also.

It looks great!

The dating forum, The dating forum! It's here!

Wow, that was quick Greg!

:faint:

Evo said:
The dating forum, The dating forum! It's here!

Wow, that was quick Greg!

Wow! Though, I thought it was going to be in "Fun and Games." :biggrin: Then again, I guess the bad relationships don't belong there...or maybe they do. :uhh:

Thanks again, Greg.

turbo-1 said:

It was a joke, because I know how much Cyrus absolutely HATES those threads. That's why my comment was followed by the devil smiley. :wink: :biggrin:

I think there's a link problem. Or I don't understand what I'm doing.

The 'PhD Comics' subforum link actually takes me to 'Fun, Photos & Games'

DaveC426913 said:
I think there's a link problem. Or I don't understand what I'm doing.

The 'PhD Comics' subforum link actually takes me to 'Fun, Photos & Games'

Either you're defective or it's fixed now. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Moved.

Basically these were not to move, but to consider, sorry for not being clear :shy:

Not that anything wrong have happened, they were all obviously photography related, just not started by me nor Marzena.

Borek said:
Basically these were not to move, but to consider, sorry for not being clear :shy:

Not that anything wrong have happened, they were all obviously photography related, just not started by me nor Marzena.
They fit the new forum.

Oh I like this, good job folks!

Evo, there are some unmoved threads that I have posted in your visitors messages, pretty please with a cherry on top :wink:

Borek said:
Evo, there are some unmoved threads that I have posted in your visitors messages, pretty please with a cherry on top :wink:
Oh, I thought those were the same ones you posted here. I will move them tonight.

Thank you for your efforts!:smile:
So why the relationship forum's not listed in index?

I know where it is:biggrin:
I was just wondering why it's not listed in main index like other GD sub-forums!:wink:

Lack of space?

<h2>What is the purpose of the new GD layout?</h2><p>The purpose of the new GD layout is to provide a more modern and user-friendly interface for users to navigate and use the GD platform.</p><h2>What are the major changes in the new GD layout?</h2><p>The major changes in the new GD layout include a new color scheme, updated icons and graphics, and a more streamlined navigation menu.</p><h2>Will the new GD layout affect my current projects and data?</h2><p>No, the new GD layout will not affect your current projects and data. All of your existing data and projects will remain intact and accessible in the new layout.</p><h2>Can I switch back to the old GD layout?</h2><p>Yes, users have the option to switch back to the old GD layout if they prefer. However, we encourage users to try out the new layout and provide feedback for further improvements.</p><h2>How can I provide feedback on the new GD layout?</h2><p>Users can provide feedback on the new GD layout by clicking on the "Feedback" button located on the navigation menu. This will allow users to submit their thoughts and suggestions for future updates to the layout.</p>

What is the purpose of the new GD layout?

The purpose of the new GD layout is to provide a more modern and user-friendly interface for users to navigate and use the GD platform.

What are the major changes in the new GD layout?

The major changes in the new GD layout include a new color scheme, updated icons and graphics, and a more streamlined navigation menu.

Will the new GD layout affect my current projects and data?

No, the new GD layout will not affect your current projects and data. All of your existing data and projects will remain intact and accessible in the new layout.

Can I switch back to the old GD layout?

Yes, users have the option to switch back to the old GD layout if they prefer. However, we encourage users to try out the new layout and provide feedback for further improvements.

How can I provide feedback on the new GD layout?

Users can provide feedback on the new GD layout by clicking on the "Feedback" button located on the navigation menu. This will allow users to submit their thoughts and suggestions for future updates to the layout.