Why Can't Anything Escape a Black Hole?

• Thread starter Sveinbjoern
  • Start date
In summary, a black hole is a region of space with a gravitational pull so strong that nothing, including light, can escape from it. This is due to the extreme curvature of space and time caused by the massive amount of matter and energy within the black hole. As objects get closer to the event horizon, the point of no return, they experience a phenomenon known as spaghettification, where they are stretched and torn apart by the intense gravitational forces. This makes it impossible for anything to escape a black hole, making it one of the most mysterious and intriguing objects in the universe.
Sveinbjoern
Nothing can escape a black hole.. Not even light.. This argument made sense to me just minutes ago. But a sudden realization later and I could not understand it anylon more . This is why I searched for physics and forum and arrived here. I am a hobbist and listen to a lot of videos about special relativity, quantum mechanics, astronomy, programming and mathmatics. A wide range of interests. But since I have never in any discussion about special relativity or talks about black holes I knew I was in need of some help! So that's why I am here and hope I can ask and learn more stuff!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. You are in the right place.

Likes Sveinbjoern and berkeman
Sveinbjoern said:
Nothing can escape a black hole.. Not even light.. This argument made sense to me just minutes ago. But a sudden realization later and I could not understand it anylon more . This is why I searched for physics and forum and arrived here. I am a hobbist and listen to a lot of videos about special relativity, quantum mechanics, astronomy, programming and mathmatics. A wide range of interests. But since I have never in any discussion about special relativity or talks about black holes I knew I was in need of some help! So that's why I am here and hope I can ask and learn more stuff!
Welcome to the PF.

It looks like your first thread in the technical forums is getting good responses. Hope they are helping you to learn more about this.

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/black-hole-escape.949723/

:smile:

Likes Sveinbjoern