Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Guy

1. Apr 21, 2006 #1
    Hi...I'm new here and I didn't see a place for introductions so I decided I'd introduce myself here. I'm a 12th grade student in northern Ontario, and have been taking mainly math/science courses.

I come from a very small and backwards town, such that I'm staying an extra year to get a few more courses before going to university.

I plan to go somewhere in southern Ontario, thinking of McMaster right now, also considering Waterloo and the University of Toronto. I hope to become an engineer and work on nuclear power generation.

I love math (especially calculus) and the physical sciences. I'm also an avid computer nerd and build my own computers, as well as program mainly in Java. I've done pretty well in high school, so perhaps I'll be able to help with a bit of homework.

Now you know me. I hope to have enough time to get on here and have some good discussions.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2006 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to Physics Forums illwerral. I'm sorry I didn't have time to arrange any welcomming celebrations :tongue2: . Seriously, welcome to PF hope you enjoy it here.

~H

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  4. Apr 21, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome illwerral!!! Always nice to see a smart new addition to the forum. :approve:

We used to give a free fish to all new members but since Pengwuino joined the forum, we keep running out. :grumpy:

5. Apr 21, 2006 #4

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can we have chocolates instead? I'll er.. make sure they go where they need to be ... :rolleyes:

~H

6. Apr 21, 2006 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

The PF sisters would eat the chocolates first....:groan:

anyway...I hope you haven't already been scared off, and wecome!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?