Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Guy

1. Sep 28, 2015 #1
    Hello, I'm ProjectTruth. I have decided that I want to go into the field of Mechanical Engineering. I have heard that it can be a tough field to get into,but I'm fairly proffecient at Trigonometry and basic algebra.

I know that I'm supposed to have a basic understanding of Calculus,so hopefully I can get to that pretty soon(I still have a few years till college,I'm saving up)

Any advice as to what skills are expected of me to get into college? What will I learn?

I'm "ok" at tech stuff,but faaaaarrrr from being able to hold my own on computers. Will they teach me this in college? Or am I out of luck there?

Appreciate the advice in advance,and look forward to participating in the forums.

Cheers!
    -ProjectTruth

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2015 #2
    Welcome to PF!

4. Sep 29, 2015 #3

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You will get plenty of computer exposure in college, It's a lot easier to achieve programming competency than the level of math proficiency you'll need.

5. Sep 29, 2015 #4
    Thanks man.

I recently read through some of the classes the program teach and it coincides with your statement.

Just gotta work on Calculus...maybe I should make a phone call :/

Hahs, thanks again.
    -ProjectTruth

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook