New here and new to physics

• Thread starter TMNT
  • Start date
hey there i'm new to this forum and i'm a college student and tommorow i will be taking my 1st ever physics class in my life, does anyone have any tip of advice, because honestly i have no clue what i'm getting into :confused:

i'm a civil engineering major btw

Answers and Replies

ranger
Gold Member
Hi TMNT and welcome to PF.

All I can tell you is one word - practice. I cannot stress how important this is. Do problems at the end of evey chapter in your text books.

Dont always be dependent on your professors to cover everything. Do some research into topics on your own. I've done this on the internet and found some good resources. I've complied links to all of them and put them on a website. [Link in my signature].

One more thing, dont over tax yourself with studies or take too many courses in one semester.

ranger said:
Hi TMNT and welcome to PF.

All I can tell you is one word - practice. I cannot stress how important this is. Do problems at the end of evey chapter in your text books.

Dont always be dependent on your professors to cover everything. Do some research into topics on your own. I've done this on the internet and found some good resources. I've complied links to all of them and put them on a website. [Link in my signature].

One more thing, dont over tax yourself with studies or take too many courses in one semester.

hey ranger
thnx man i apreciate ur info n i will definetly check out ur links
if i have physics problem n i post it here, are the ppl on this forum good at helping out n stuff?

ya i'm only takin 2 classes this semester, pre-calc n physics

ranger
Gold Member
if i have physics problem n i post it here, are the ppl on this forum good at helping out n stuff?

Of course they help you. The community here is made up of professionals in many fields. But keep one thing in mind though, no one would help you if you just give us your homework to do. You need to show that you are at least attempting the problem.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=94379

ranger said:
Of course they help you. The community here is made up of professionals in many fields. But keep one thing in mind though, no one would help you if you just give us your homework to do. You need to show that you are at least attempting the problem.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=94379

o ok coo thnx man

nah nah i know i cant completely on everyone here, ya but definetly if i have a question i will post all info i know if possible