New here, just wanted to say hi

• Thread starter KirkDamborg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary: Welcome to PF! It sounds like you'll enjoy your stay here!Welcome, Kirk. Uh, what's that sign you're flashing in your photo in the member photo thread? Anything we should know about? Or are you just getting ready to ward off the flying fish from the Sisterhood initiation?Dammit berkeman! Don't feel "juvenile", its a good thing...And welcome!Welcome, Kirk. Ready for fun? That's the name of the game in GD.Humanino meant to ask you what your favorite fish is.I never noticed those where so close to each other !Once I typed "rm myfile" and wanting to hit return
KirkDamborg
Im sorry, i know intro posts are annoying sometimes, but i just wanted to say hi... I am 23 years old and I've always been fascinated and felt a thirst for knowledge about physics and such... and to find this forum is awsome! i am/was not a good student and far from being smart or anything, and have no experience or actual studies beyond my own reading in any of the fields, i just love the subjects...
anyways, Hi, and thanks for the great page and subjects

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Kirk! Welcome to PF - it's a great place.

Welcome KirkDamborg ! :smile:
You will notice the overwhelming warmth in a few moments.
What is your favorite dish ? :tongue2:

Dish, DDDDish?

lol... thank you very much ;) I've ALREADY learned things on here... lol... this place is amazing, and I am sorry if I am coming of juvenile its just, awsome place... lol...

Humanino meant to ask you what your favorite fish is.

Welcome to PF! It sounds like you've arrived to the right place.

Moonbear said:
Humanino meant to ask you what your favorite fish is.
I never noticed those where so close to each other !

Once I typed "rm myfile" and wanting to hit return, I accidently hit "* return" :cry: :mad:
http://www.forlang.wsu.edu/help/kfrench.gif [Broken]

The worse of all is that, being young, I had "rm" aliased to "rm -rf". Since then, I aliased it to "rm -i"...

And not to "sudo nohup rm -Rf /!*" :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Kirk, welcome to PF.

Welcome!:smile:

It sounds like you'll enjoy your stay here!

Welcome, Kirk. Uh, what's that sign you're flashing in your photo in the member photo thread? Anything we should know about? Or are you just getting ready to ward off the flying fish from the Sisterhood initiation?

Dammit berkeman! Don't feel "juvenile", its a good thing...

And welcome!

Welcome, Kirk. Ready for fun? That's the name of the game in GD.

But seriously... your favorite fish? You'd better pick one or Evo will pick it FOR you and - trust me - you won't like HER favorite! :rofl:

humanino said:
Once I typed "rm myfile" and wanting to hit return, I accidently hit "* return" :cry: :mad:
http://www.forlang.wsu.edu/help/kfrench.gif [Broken]

The worse of all is that, being young, I had "rm" aliased to "rm -rf". Since then, I aliased it to "rm -i"...

And not to "sudo nohup rm -Rf /!*" :devil:

<*sputter/gag/chortle/guffaw*> WaWaWaWWHAT?!?

HEY!111 Do you want me to wash your mouth out with SOAP?

Honestly, humanino. You KNOW we don't talk like that in GD. (or... is that FRENCH?) :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tsu said:
HEY!111 Do you want me to wash your mouth out with SOAP?
Oh, I thought we were letting the parents out of that (really bad old joke)
hides behind the bush and shouts
SISTERS AT LARGE !

I have a squid left over from hockey season...

Kirk, have you decided on a fish yet :smile: ?

Kirk? Did we scare you off?

What is the purpose of saying "hi" when you're new here?

Saying "hi" is a polite way of introducing yourself and getting to know others in the community. It's a simple and friendly gesture that can help you make connections and develop relationships.

How can saying "hi" benefit me as a newcomer?

By saying "hi", you are showing that you are open and willing to communicate with others. This can help you feel more comfortable in your new environment and potentially lead to new opportunities or friendships.

Is saying "hi" a common practice in most communities?

Yes, saying "hi" or some form of greeting is a common practice in many communities. It is a way to acknowledge others and make them feel welcome.

What are some alternative ways to say "hi" in different communities?

Some alternative ways to say "hi" may include "hello", "hey", "hi there", "greetings", or even a simple wave or smile. It's always a good idea to observe and follow the customs of the specific community you are in.

Is saying "hi" appropriate in all situations?

In most cases, saying "hi" is a friendly and appropriate way to introduce yourself. However, it may not be appropriate in more formal or professional settings. It's always best to use your judgement and follow the norms of the community you are in.